VII.V

Setting: Kourtney's House, Calabasas, CA

Tired. That was all Demi could think about. That was the only emotion she seemed to feel these days. She was so tired. All she wanted to do was sleep but ever since she had seen that post about Cristo leaving a strip club with an unknown female – who was actually his personal assistant Taylor – she had been sick to her stomach. She couldn't sleep. She could barely eat. The only thing really keeping her going was Muse. Demi hadn't even called Cristo yet. He was supposed to come back into town at the end of the week and Demi planned on confronting him then. He hadn't called her either so she kind of doubted that he knew that she had seen the post. He probably didn't even know that the pictures had gotten out. Kris asked if she wanted her to do damage control, but Demi had declined. This was Cristo's problem, not hers.

"Hey, do you want some tea or something?" Kourtney asked as she came back into the living room after getting the kids situated in the playroom. Demi had just come back from a studio session – one where she had cried her eyes out and was now reduced to wearing her glasses – so Muse was still with Kris who was going to drop her off over Kourtney's house. Kim, Khloe, Kylie, and Kendall were all here to hang out, and they had been dancing around the obvious elephant in the room the whole time.

"Kourtney are you only asking her?" Kim asked from her seat on the floor as Kourtney furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yeah, you guys have been here for like two hours and haven't asked for a single thing. She just got here," Kourtney defended as Demi lifted her head and opened her eyes.

"I'm fine, Kourt, but thank you," she mumbled, sitting up a little straighter in the spinning arm chair that was in Kourtney's living room.

Kim had them all watching this Netflix show called the "Handmaid's Tale" or whatever but Demi wasn't really paying attention. Kelsey was freaking out via text message about the post, Dianna kept calling her, Dallas kept texting her to ask if she was okay, and her Instagram and twitter were being spammed about the whole thing. She was so tempted to shut her phone off, but she actually did have people that she needed to communicate with, so she dropped it back on the couch and laid down again.

"I see you guys are having a productive afternoon," Kris said as she came in with Muse right behind her.

Muse instantly ran to her mother like she always did, hopping on her lap and smothering her face in kisses like Demi often did. If anyone could make her feel better, it was Muse. She was just so innocent, and she didn't know about all of the evils of the world, she didn't know what Demi had to deal with, and she didn't understand it either. She was just happy and smiley and Demi's personal little ray of sunshine.

"Hey princess! I missed you!" Demi exclaimed as Muse giggled and began to spin the chair around a little bit. "What'd you do with Lovey today?"

"We got ice cream," she said with a wide grin on her face as Demi pecked her cheek and smoothed her hair away from her forehead.