V.IV

Setting: RocNation Headquarters, Beverly Hills, CA

The iconic gold couch was a staple of the Roc Nation office in New York

The iconic gold couch was a staple of the Roc Nation office in New York. Since she was in Los Angeles instead of New York – because flying while six months pregnant really didn't sound like that much fun – there wasn't an iconic gold couch to take a picture on. Instead, Demi was slightly slouched on a cushiony cream couch that felt as though it was swallowing her up, a pair of JBL wireless headphones placed over her belly as Best Part by Daniel Caesar played. Dr. Crane had said that their baby girl was more sensitive to sounds now and she could hear outside voices and sounds, so Demi had taken to letting her listen to the music that she loved, so that she would come out loving music as much as Demi did.

"Now that would be an amazing promo pic."

Demi still got nervous whenever she was in the same room as Shawn Carter – more famously known as Jay Z – even though he was now officially going to be the head of her management team and they had been in frequent communication concerning her music for at least the past two years. She had gone to the baby shower for his twins for God's sake, but he still made her nervous.

"I'll have to get Kelsey to snap a pic later," Demi said, taking the headphones off of her belly as she scooted towards the edge of the couch before standing up. Not being able to do simple tasks in one movement anymore was something that she would never be able to get used to.

"How are you today?" he asked as he led her to his office all the way at the end of the hall.

"I'm fine. How are you?"

"Can't complain. So, you're just here to sign the contracts, right? Do you mind me asking what happened between you and Phil? Because he still works for me and I don't want any type of conflict," Jay said as he sat behind his desk and Demi settled into the gray chair in front of it.

Oh, Phil. After the whole collaboration thing, Demi had a sour taste in her mouth about Phil. Sarah, her old manager, had stepped down as head of her management team because she decided to get married and adopt a baby from Ethiopia, so Phil had stepped up, and ever since then Demi had felt that she wasn't in control of her own career. It was like she was running on Phil's time instead of her own, like it was his career and only his decisions mattered, not hers. And he really didn't give a shit about her unless she started to mess with his money by being out of the public eye for too long, which is why he gave her so much shit for basically disappearing during the first four months of her pregnancy. Bottom line was, Phil had to go.

"I just have had a sour taste in my mouth about him managing me for a while. I don't really want anything to do with him and I don't want him to have any say in my career," Demi simply stated. She didn't want to say anything bad about him, but she just wanted to make it clear that she really didn't want him to have any say so in anything that has to do with her career.

MuseOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara