VI.VIII

Setting: Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA

Maybe it was because he was a realist, but Cristo felt as though the worst case scenario was always the scenario that he jumped to first whenever he got any type of news

Maybe it was because he was a realist, but Cristo felt as though the worst case scenario was always the scenario that he jumped to first whenever he got any type of news. If you thought about the worst case scenario, that means that you could prepare yourself for it to happen, so when Kris called him and told him that he needed to get to the hospital, that's what his mind instantly jumped to: the worst. It didn't take him long to reach the maternity ward. Demi's room was all the way at the end of the hall, and even though he was worried and he just wanted to find out what was going on, he still knocked and didn't go in until he heard someone give him verbal permission to come in. The room was dark because they were doing an ultra sound. Demi was in the bed sniffling, Kris was sitting next to her holding Muse, and Dr. Crane was rubbing the transducer all over Demi's stomach.

"Good morning, Cristo," Dr. Crane greeted as Cristo took Muse out of Kris's arms and kissed her cheek.

"Good morning. What seems to be the problem?" His eyes flickered over to Demi but she didn't look at him. Her eyes stayed trained on the small screen in front of her.

"Demi came in earlier this morning with some mild cramping and a little bit of spotting. She was rightfully worried but I've concluded that she has a small bleed next to her womb, which sounds bad, but it's actually more common than you think. We're going to keep an eye on it but she's not having a miscarriage or anything like that, and the baby is still completely healthy," Dr. Crane explained as Cristo sighed in relief. He looked at Demi again but she still refused to look at him.

"However, there are some things that you need to be worried about. Her blood pressure has been consistently high. She hasn't gained any weight since becoming pregnant...in fact, she's lost weight. I want to deliver a healthy baby so we all have to make a commitment to the health of the baby and the health of the mother," Dr. Crane continued as Cristo pursed his lips.

"So, last time she saw you she had lost weight?"

"Yes, and while that does happen in some cases, it's not ideal. With her history, we just want to make sure that we're keeping an eye on things like that," Dr. Crane stated as Cristo nodded in understanding. This time he didn't look at Demi and she didn't look at him either.

Setting: Demi and Cristo's House, Calabasas, CA