V.II

Setting: Creekside Park, Calabasas, CA

The solid gold tag attached to Batman's collar with Demi's name, address, and phone number jingled as he led Demi and Cristo around their favorite trail in Creekside Park

The solid gold tag attached to Batman's collar with Demi's name, address, and phone number jingled as he led Demi and Cristo around their favorite trail in Creekside Park. The sun was getting low in the sky, it had cooled down a bit, and nightly walks had become their tradition since getting back from their honeymoon. It was a way to get away from the cameras after long days of filming and a way to catch up since they rarely spent the whole day together since they both went back to work. Demi usually walked Batman and Cristo usually walked Robin. He was always teasing her about how she showed favoritism towards Batman and that Robin could totally tell. Men.

"I'm sorry I didn't get to make it to the dinner thing today," Cristo apologized as Demi shrugged because she didn't really care that he wasn't able to make it. She knew he had more important things to do, like picking out stuff for their kitchen, and she really wanted the house to be done before she gave birth so she let it be.

"You didn't miss anything except for Rob calling me chipmunk cheeks and acting as if I haven't been trying to talk to him for at least six months," Demi said.

She had been trying to push the Rob situation out of her head, but he had really irritated her today. And maybe she was being dramatic but ever since she got pregnant it was like it was harder for her to let things go, like she was constantly holding grudges and harboring all of these emotions and it was eventually going to wear her down.

"He said that to you? He actually thought it was okay for him to say that to you?" Cristo questioned as Demi nodded.

"It's just...it's whatever. But I have to tell you something," Demi said, pushing the stray hairs that fell across her forehead out of the way as Cristo looked over at her.

"It's not whatever but what is it?"

"You remember the conversation we had last month about my weight and stuff?"

"Yeah."

"It's not that I'm not happy being pregnant but...it's starting to take it's toll on me. Especially the weight thing. And I want to do something about it before it gets too bad or too out of control, so Kris told me about this chef who will teach me how to cook and stuff like that so that I'm eating food that I'm enjoying without feeling guilty about it," Demi explained as they sat down on one of the forest green benches perched on the side of the trail and he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"What do you mean before it gets too out of control?"

"I ate a whole row of oreos and almost threw up."

"Anyone would almost throw up after eating a whole row of oreos. Do you know what those things are made of?"

"But they're vegan...anyway. Not throw up from being sick like...throw up on purpose. Last time I purged was before I found out I had a stomach ulcer and then had the miscarriage. I don't want anything bad to happen," Demi said as she picked at her nails.