A New Era

Nine months later...

Ben's P.O.V.

"Come on, you got this!" I yell as she grips my hand tightly, almost to a point where I think she's going to break it. I keep brushing the top of her head trying to sooth the pain as much as I can or at least so she doesn't have her hair in her face. "AHHHHH!" She groans as she pushes. Then pushes again and again until we hear a baby crying. "It's a boy." The nurse says. I look at Rey with tears in both of our eyes. The nurse gently lays the baby on top of Rey. Rey holds our baby tightly in her arms and looks at his face. "He looks like you." I say.

"Yeah, he does."

The nurses cut the umbilical cord and clean our baby then raps him in a blanket so he's not cold. The nurse smiles at him in awe. "What's his name?" She asks. Rey looks at me and back at the baby. "Han. His name is Han."

"That's a wonderful name." She walks away and does her job.

"Rey..." I start to say.

"I know."

"I love you."

"I love you, too. Here." She says as she holds the baby out for me. I take him from her arms and hold him in mine. I rock him back and forth. We lock eyes and I instantly fall in love. I know from now on this is the only thing I care about besides Rey. He smiles. Usually a baby doesn't smile straight away, but he does and it's the happiest smile I've ever seen. Just holding him I can feel the force that flows through him. I'm sure Rey can feel him too. The nurse says we have to stay the night, so we do. We both sleep on the same bed with Han between us. The next morning, the nurse walks in. "You're good to go, but we will have to put you in a wheelchair." She says as she points to Rey. Rey nods as the nurse brings the wheelchair next to her bed. Rey struggles to get up. I help her as much as I can but I can't do much since I have Han in my arms. Once she's in the wheelchair, I hand the baby to her and push the chair. We go into the Falcon. I wheel her to the control room and put her in front of the co-pilot seat so she doesn't roll away. I lift the Falcon up and before we go to light speed I look at Rey. "You know what?"

"Hmm?"

"I gotta good feeling about this."

She smiles. I push the lever and we blast off.

THE END

A/N: Love how I'm publishing the last chapter the day the teaser trailer comes out. I just watched it. What do y'all think? And the title for episode IX... THE RISE OF SKYWALKER. Ooh, so excited. But hope yah guys enjoyed. This was actually longer than I expected. Watch out for maybe a sequel announcement. I don't know if I'm gonna do it yet but possibly and may the force be with you. ✌️