The Future

Kylo's P.O.V.

I stare at Rey as we sit in the Falcon to go to Lah'mu. I look at each and everyone of her freckles and how they're all perfectly placed on her face. She doesn't notice at first. She looks at me embarrassed and blushes. "What?"

I smile. "It's just, I was admiring your beauty."

"Uhhh..."

"No. Truly. I don't know what I would do without you."

"I could say the same thing. I would be dead right now if it wasn't for you."
As she finish that sentence Finn, Rose, Poe and Audrey walk into the lounge and sit down. "So, what now?" Rey asks.

"Well, in an hour we'll get to our new base and then I guess we'll just try to recruit new Resistance fighters to deal with the leftovers of the First Order and keep the galaxy balanced as long as we can."

"How'd we get a new base so fast anyways?" Rey asks.

"We sent out a distress call when the Resistance Base was destroyed and well nobody answered like usual. But we got in contact with somebody when they realized some of us were still alive. So as an apology, they're allowing us to use their base."

"Who is?"

Poe smiles. "Well, I say their, when I actually mean his."

"Poe, who is?" Rey asks more firmly.

"Lando Calrissian."

Of course, another person from my past. Even better, a friend of my fathers.

"Lando Calrisian!?" Rey says.

Poe nods.

"I can't wait to meet him. He must know so much about piloting." Rey looks at me and smiles.

"I still can't believe you two are a thing." Finn blurts out rudely. Rose gives him a look as if to say 'shut up'. Finn turns to her and shrugs. Rey's smile fades and glares at him. "Finn, what exactly have you done since the First Order blew up the Resistance? Hmm? I'm sorry, but it turns out Ben has done more than you."

"Yeah, he blew up the Resistance himself."

"He stopped the-"

I put a hand on hers. "Rey, it's okay. You don't have to defend me."

"No! They need to know what you did what they haven't."

She gets up and turns towards Finn. "The only reason he blew up the Resistance was because of me. And he still came back for me anyways."

"Really, cause it seems you went after him."

"I did, but he went after me first but got captured by the man who really is to blame for all this. Captain Hux, who I might add, tried to kill me! I'm just glad Ben was there by my side because my friends weren't. If he wasn't there, I would be dead right now. And then when I did get hit, he brought me to the Falcon, took care of me and brought me here even though he knows how much you guys hate him. Didn't he, Audrey?"

They all look at her. "He did." She says nodding her head.

"So I don't know why it's so hard believing that we two are together because you, Finn, were on the bad side too, but you realized it was wrong so you stopped. Also you almost left completely without putting up a fight because you were scared. So really, I can't believe that you can't believe that we're together."

Finn looks at her speechless, trying to find words that can't come to his head. Everybody looks at the ground awkwardly. She goes back and sits next to me. I give her a concerned look. "You didn't have to do that." I whisper.

She leans in. "I did."

I sigh and she kisses me.

Finn then gets up and walks over to us. "You know what? Rey's right. I turned, so why can't you? It might be hard for us to totally forgive you but I know if it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have our best friend with us. So I guess, I'll give you a chance. But if you blow it, I swear, it will be the death of you."

"Agreed." He nods and walks back to the control room. Rose follows him.

"See? I told you they'd come around." Rey says smiling at me.

"Mostly, because you yelled at them."

"It worked, didn't it?"

I laugh. "It did."

A week later, everybody has gotten used to the new base. The base is huge. I have to admit, it feels weird actually staying at a rebel's base, but at the same time, it feels right. Lando took it hard when he found out that I killed Han but then turned around in the long end. Him and Rey immediately clicked after meeting each other. I'm just glad I have someone who's now in my life that reminds me of my father.

Rey and I walk around the new base with our hands in each-other's. We walk onto a balcony over looking the green, grassy fields and the mountains in the distance of Lah'mu. The base sits on top of a huge hill. One side of it is surrounded by the ocean, the other by a large grassy field. It's nice to look at after all the boring views I've had from my bedroom on the star destroyer.

"This is nice." Rey says smiling to herself.

"It is."

"No. Not the view."

"Then what?"

"Us. I've never been able to look forward to something before. But now I can look forward towards the future... with you."

"I feel the exact same way."

Then we hear foot steps coming towards us we both look in the direction of them. It's Lando. "Guys, Rose has some news."

Rey and I look at each other confused. We hurriedly follow Lando as he leads us to Rose and the others to the main center of the base. I speed up my walking to match with Lando so now I'm beside him. Rey's behind us, without telling her, she knows to stay back a bit so I can talk with him. "Lan," I say, "about Han..."

"No, Ben. It's okay. Really. I'm just glad I got to see what a strong man you've become. Your parents would be so proud- Han would be so proud." We get to the door and he grabs the handle but before he opens it, he speaks. "And since you turned, it made his death seem a lot easier." He opens the door and I go in with Rey behind me. When we go in, I notice five kids standing behind Rose. Everybody stares at them confused, including me.

"Hello, everyone. This is Teal, Jane, Naldy, Tyra and G'kolu." Rose says as she points to each child and introduces them.

They seem shy but they are really cute.

"So did you bring them here as new recruits for the Resistance? Aren't they pretty young?" Says a fighter that seems deeply concerned.

"Oh, no. I didn't bring them here to fight for the Resistance. I brought them here for you guys." She says as she looks at me and Rey. We both look at her confused and walk closer to the children.

Rey bends down in front of them and smiles to introduce herself. "Hi. I'm Rey. I'm a Jedi." Their faces all light up in excitement. Rey turns around and points to me. "That's Ben. He's also a Jedi." They turn their gaze to me and they look at me in awe. I slightly smile and start to blush. I stand back up and Rey turns to Rose. "Rose, why did you bring them here?"

"Rey. Ben," she says looking at both of us, "they have the force."