I Need You

Rey's P.O.V.

It's been a couple days since I spoke to Luke. I can't help thinking about what he said about Ben and not to give up. Maybe's he's right but I'll never find out because I'm done. I'm tired of waiting.

We're still at the base. No one from the First Order has come in, so I think we're safe. I grab my lightsaber that's next to me on the nightstand and go to the main center to see if I can find anyone. I look around and see everybody eating. I walk over. "Hey, guys."

Poe looks over and widens his eyes. "You're awake."

"And?"

"Nothing it's just you slept in a lot."

"I did? What time is it?"

"Around 2pm."

"Oh, I'm sorry. What did I miss."

"Well we found some food way back in the base. Here, have some." Poe pulls out a seat. I sit down next to him and on the other side of me is Rose. Poe gives me a full plate of food and I dive right in.

By the time I'm half way done with my plate, the boys have gotten into a deep conversation between only themselves, leaving Rose and I bored. Rose puts a hand on my shoulder and leans in. "Rey, are you okay?"

"What?"

"You seem sad."

"I mean, I am. Aren't you? The Resistance is gone."

"Yeah, but I have Finn. You don't really have anybody."

"I know. But I'll get through it."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, but thanks for the concern."

She nods and goes back to eating and so do I. As I eat I hear a faint whisper. I thought it was my head but it gets louder and louder. I realize it's coming from my lightsaber. I grab it and look at it. All I hear is a voice calling my name. The sounds around me become more muffled and the voice becomes more clear. It's so clear that I know who the voice belongs to. Ben. Finn and Poe try to get me to answer but I can't hear them. I become dizzy and everything goes black.

I wake up with a jolt and sit straight up. I look around. I know exactly where I am. I know it all too well. I'm back on Jakku. I'm laying on my old bed as I look behind me at the wall where I counted my days here on this planet. All the marks are gone. I look on the tall shelf that sits next to my bed. My two very important things are still there. The doll that my parents gave me right before they left and the flower I found when I started scavenging. I kept it as a sign of hope. Even in a place where a beautiful flower could never grow because there was never enough water, it still managed to. I get up from my bed and walk to tiny table in the other side of the room and bend down. The crumbs from my last meal are still there. Nothing has changed except the wall. Strange.

I go outside. There's a light breeze that barely moves my hair. I look out at the endless sand in front of me which seems to lead to nothing. I look at the sky. One of the things I miss about Jakku is its sunsets. All the purples, pinks and blues all blend together to create a masterpiece.

I bend down and pick up some sand in my hand and let it pour back out. I know I'm dreaming or something like that, but this feels so real. I get back up and turn around to see what the sunset looked like on the other side of the sky. I gasp. The AT-AT is gone. My home is gone. There's no trace of it. I turn back around. The sky starts moving faster and getting cloudier. The sunset goes away and it becomes very windy. With my days on Jakku and all my experience, I know what's coming. A dust bowl.

I would run, but where? There's no place to take cover. In the distance I see it coming towards me. Any second my lungs will be filled with dirt and sand. It's getting closer. I won't be able to outrun it. It's so close now. I put my arms up to protect my face. I hold my breath and wait for the impact. Ten seconds go by and I feel nothing. Not one speck of sand. I open my eyes slowly. I'm in the dust bowl but nothing is happening. I take my arms away form my face. The sand is hitting everywhere but me. I look up. I see the sunset sky. There seems to be some kind of shield around me. It's like I'm in a middle of an eye of a hurricane, but it's a sand storm. I keep looking in different directions to see if anything changes around me. The wind is making my hair go everywhere. The sound of the sand and the wind seems to calm down. "Rey." I gasp and turn around. The sand storm is surrounding us. "Ben? What are you doing here?"

"I need you, Rey."

"Excuse me?"

"Rey, I'm not actually him. But I am. I'm his conscious. He doesn't know that I'm here."

"Wait, he- you don't know this is happening?"

"No."

"How is that possible?"

"The force."

"Of course, why am I not surprised."

He shrugs. "Why are you here?" I ask.

He steps closer. "You. I need you, Rey. More than you know. Even after everything I've done, I still need your help."

"Help?"

"There are still things I can't control."

"Wait, what are you talking about?"

"If I don't ever see you again, I need you to know, that you are the only person I care about."

"Why can't you just say it?"

"Say what?"

"I lo-"

Then everything goes black again and I wake up with a jolt.