Here With You

Rey's P.O.V.

I wake up slowly and smile when I realize how I fell asleep. I lay on my stomach with my head and my shoulder on top of his chest. His arm is wrapped around my back. My nose is almost touching his chin. I look at him compassionately. His hair is a little messy. I move slightly and kiss him on his cheek, which causes him to wake up. His eyes open and looks around the room and then at me. He smiles and wraps his arm tighter around me. He kisses me and I sigh happily. I lift my head up and look at him. "We should probably get up." I whisper to him.

"Just a bit longer?"

I nod. "Okay." I lay my head back on his chest and close my eyes. "I never thought I would be here." He says.

"At Kashyyyk?"

"No. Here with you. A scavenger."

I open my eyes and look up at him again confused. He continues, "I mean, when I first saw you, I was shocked. I never expected a girl that's a scavenger, to be like you. And might I add you were more beautiful than I was expecting. I felt this connection I've never had with anyone before. I've could have gotten the droid if I wanted, but then when I found out you saw the map, we'll that was just an excuse to get you on board."

"I had no idea. The first time I saw you, I was just scared. But then I got to know your past," I put my hand on his cheek. "You were just a boy and your own uncle tried to kill you."

"Yeah, but what's funny is when you decided to go to me and 'save me' was after I had my shirt off."

"Hey!" I lightly hit him.

"Just saying."

I pause, thinking about what he said. "I did feel a connection though. Between us, when I first saw you."

"I think I know why."

"What?"

"The dream."

"You know about the dream?"

"Yes, because I also had the dream."

"I've had that dream so many times. But it always ends at the same spot."

"Snoke."

"Snoke? What about him?"

"Right after the dream ended for you, Snoke came into my head. He erased you from my mind."

"What?" I sit up in shock and look at him.

"That's why I never went to you. That's why I did what I've done. Because I didn't know you existed."

I feel tears starting in my eyes. "So all this time, you didn't just lie to me about coming to get me on Jakku?"

"No, Rey. I would never to that to you. Especially then."

"I'm so glad that monster is dead!" I yell.

"I am, too. But didn't you recognize me after the dream when you saw me in the interrogation room?"

"No. After I realized you were never coming, I forgot about it. I didn't start having the dream again until after I left you on Crait. I was shocked when I realized it was you, but I figured you just forgot about me as well, and decided it was best not to bring it up."

"The first night you stayed with me, I went into your head and saw the dream. I was confused at first but it seemed so familiar to me. Now I know why."

"Do you think it was the Force?"

"What?"

"That put us in that dream in the first place. We are the chosen ones. It wouldn't surprise me." I lay back on his chest. "I guess you could say, we were meant for each other."

"That's an understatement." He says compassionately. Then the door swings open. Finn looks at us and then looks in the opposite direction almost at the same time. "You guys really need a lock." He says with his hands on his hips.

"Well, we wouldn't need one if somebody would knock first." I say with a little sass in my voice. I get up from the bed slowly as Ben helps me. My injury is still sore.  
"Just hurry up." Finn walks out of the room, not giving us a single look. Ben puts on a shirt. I put my belt around my robe and arm wraps on. "Ready?" I ask.

He stares out the balcony. "Yeah, I'll just miss this place."

"We'll come back. One day."

We then leave the room to go meet the others outside.

An hour later we're standing on the beautiful Kachirho Beach. In front of a grave. Leia's grave. There are tears in everybody eyes. Next to Leia's grave is Han's. The Wookiee's were nice enough to make a grave stone for Han so he can be next to his wife, even though his body is in space somewhere. But he's here in spirit. I know he is. Everybody puts a hand on Leia's and Han's grave as they leave. We start walking towards the Millennium Falcon, but I feel Ben's presence is still. I look behind me. Ben stands in front of his parents' graves. I look at Finn who's getting impatient. "Give us a sec." He rolls his eyes but nods and goes inside the Millennium. I turn back towards Ben and walk over to him. There's a sad silence in the air between us. We look at their graves til he breaks the silence. "They deserved better than this."

"You're right. They did. But they left a legacy."

"Yeah. Their tales will go on forever."

"I wasn't talking about their stories, I was talking about you." He looks away from their grave stones and at me. "Then we should expand their legacy."

I tilt my head and look at him confused.

He looks down and smiles. "Never mind. That's for another time."

I smile. "Come on. They're waiting for us." He nods and steals one more look at their graves and then walks with me to the Millennium Falcon.