"Gail I already explained this all to you last year when I visited. I fell in love with Alexander before I knew about Garrett, I fell back in love with Alexander in this life before I knew about Garrett and when I did find out he told me to be with Alex..." I trail off trying to make her understand. It's been Garrett that made her not like Alex all this time...

"Yes, but it was obvious he was just letting you go because he loves you too much to be selfish. I think he did it thinking you'd eventually realize the two of you are soul mates and are meant to be together. Clearly that thought is not registering in my sister's brain," she scolds.

"Soul mates..." I mumble at her crazy thoughts.

"Oh don't tell me it really has never crossed your mind! You never once thought Garrett was your soul mate?" She asks me seriously.

"Gail that's just crazy! Soul mates don't exist..." I shake my head, trying to rid the thought from my head.

"No sister what's crazy is dying and being reborn in a new body. What is crazy is reincarnation being real and the proof being my sister sitting right in front of me when she died decades ago! How could you rule out anything at this point? With you sitting right here I wouldn't doubt for a second that soul mates exist," she insists.

Soul mates... Soul mate. Could Garrett really be my soul mate? She's right though... If I exist who says soul mates don't? But Garrett? Could he actually be my soul mate? How would one even know that someone is his or her soul mate?

"You're thinking about it aren't you?" Gail breaks me from my thoughts. I was thankful she did because this conversation was unnecessary.

"I'm marrying Alexander," I tell her with a new determination. I will not doubt him, just because Gail thinks soul mates exist and believes mine is Garrett. That would be ludicrous.

Gail withdraws her hand from mine and gives me a sad smile. "As your sister, I will give you my honest opinion. I believe you're making a mistake. You and Garrett belong together sister."

Anger rushes through me and I stand abruptly. "That's enough Gail. Of all people I thought you would be happy for me since for once I'm living a happy life, for once I have no worries, no problems! You knew how hard my lives have been and Alexander makes me happy. So excuse me for wanting to hold onto the happiness and live a good life for once," I rush out and her eyes widen.

I turn to leave before she can respond, but turn around one last time. "You know what was a mistake? Trying to have my sister back in my life. Goodbye Gail," I say and rush out of the room.

_______________

My sister is dead. And those were my last words to her.

"Uh hello, Charlotte? Are you still there?" Frank's voice breaks me from my thoughts.

"I am," my voice breaks. "I'm sorry. When did she pass?" I ask as silent tears roll down my cheeks.

"Last night in her sleep. She never mentioned you. May I ask who you were to my mother?" Her family. Her sister. Her best friend.

"An old friend..."

"Ah alright. Well if you would like to attend her funeral services they're going to be held this weekend. I can text you the details if you would like?"

"Yes please, I am so sorry to hear about your mom, Frank," I say quietly.

I hear a shaky breathe before he answers. "Thanks, I'll send you the details then."

"Thank you for giving me that message," I add and he mumbles a reply before hanging up.

I toss my phone carelessly onto the counter and lean against it, placing my head in my hands. My sister passed away, she's gone and I can't do anything to change that. I wish I could have at least changed our last conversation together... I didn't mean it. I was angry. This is not how things were supposed to be...

I hear a soft knock on the doorway and I look up to see Luna eyeing me in concern. "Hey, you okay? I couldn't help but overhear..." Of course... We were at her and Wayne's place and their room that we were in is right beside the kitchen.

"My sister is dead, Luna," I say out loud and my lip quivers.

"Oh Charlie," she whispers and comes to wrap me in her arms. "It's okay, let it out," she tells me and I sob into her arms.

"My last words to her were so harsh Luna! How could I have not tried to fix things? I knew she was old and that she could pass, but I was stubborn and angry. I let her pass away thinking I didn't want her in my life!"

"She knows you didn't mean it Charlie. It's okay, she loved you and she knew you loved her despite your disagreements!" Luna says while rubbing my back.

The door swings open and I open my teary eyes to see Wayne and Alexander walking in. They look to us in surprise and I pull away from Luna.

Alex rushes over to me in concern. "Hey, hey what happened? Are you okay?" He takes ahold of my shoulders and eyes me over.

I glance nervously to Wayne and I think Luna gets the hint. She grabs his hand and pulls him outside the apartment. I look back to Alex who is still starring at me in concern.

"Gail passed away."

His eyes widen and he immediately pulls me into a hug. "Shit Charlotte I am so sorry," he whispers into my ear.

I had released most of my tears in Luna's embrace so I pull back and wipe the remaining tears from my face. "I want to go to her funeral."

I look into his blue eyes and he is still looking at me worried. "Of course. Uh do you want me to come with you?" He asks nervously and I don't blame him. I never let him visit Gail with me and when I told him it was because she didn't like him he always felt uncomfortable talking about her with me. I wanted an honest relationship with Alexander so I told him my conversation with Gail that last day I saw her. He was conflicted and it made him slightly insecure as he considered her thoughts. I assured him I didn't believe it and that I wanted him. It made him feel better, but it's a conversation we don't talk much about anymore.

"Of course Alex. I need you there with me," I tell him honestly and he gives me a small smile.

"Then we will go."