Chapter Three: May

"Pa! Ma! Ana!" The girl cried out. Her baby brother was wailing in her arms, hungry and confused. As the storm of chaos encroached upon them, there was a smell of smoke approaching the small children. Everyone rushed past the two, unknowingly knocking them over in large crowds.
"May!" The girl's mother reached out to them. She scooped them up and carried them away from the village, towards the woods.
"Where's Pa and Ana?" May asked.
"They are finding us a new home. We are going to live in Io, near the Lindon River." She said.
"Ma, what happened to our old home?" The curious girl asked.
"There were bad people, looking for someone. They decided to hurt the village to try and find them." The mother said.
"Mommy, were they looking for me? Is it because I can.." She said.
"Shhhh! Don't worry they won't find you my sweet darling. I will protect you, Ana and Oliver the best I can." She said, consoling her daughter.
The three walked hours and hours until stopping in an abandoned hut. The tired mother started a fire and helped May roast some wild onions. She fed her infant son and kept watch outside. As May slept, she worried about her future if Rinn were to find her.
May awoke to her mother asleep, sitting against a tree with Oliver in her arms. She decided to look for some more onions. Maybe even some eggs! May walked past her mother and went out in search of food.