"I, uh, wrote a song like two months ago," I swivel my chair nervously.

"Why didn't you ever show us?" Ashton raised his arms.

"It's, er, personal?" I look away embarrassed. I could see Luke thinking back, trying to figure out where we were two months ago. His eyes widen with realization.

"Let's give it a try," John's voice filled the room. I keep forgetting he could hear us. I pulled up the lyrics in my notes on my phone, sending a screenshot to the other boys.

"So it kinda goes like this," I start strumming my guitar. The boys nod along. Ashton picks up the beat, bringing his drums into the mix. Calum and Luke find the rhythm, joining in as well. They all started smiling, picking up the melody, a song in the works.

I nodded to Calum who began to sing the first lines.

Ever since the day that we met

I couldn't get you out of my head

There was always something about you

Every chance that I seem to get

Finds a way to end in regret

There was always something about you

Luke chimed in to the chorus, I sang along quietly to myself.

Jealousy keeps containing me

In time you'll see

Just what we could be

Luke glances over at me, raising his eyebrows. He knew exactly what the song is referring to. Jealousy, regret, everything I did wrong.

Every time I see you with him

I'm tearing down the walls in my head

I can't hold back any longer

After I wrote the song, that's when I really realized how jealousy was driving me to have physco outburst. The lyrics...they are just everything that was in my head at the time.

As we began the chorus again, I couldn't help but smile down at my guitar. They were singing my song. The beat bounced around the room, all of us nodding along, everyone adding their own touch.

With the final note we all high fived each other, filling the small room with cheers.

"Dude that was sick!" Ashton poked me on the side with his drumstick.

"I agree, I like what you boys have to offer," John nodded in the other room. "I have a proposition for you."

We all got silent, our bodies freezing.

"If you guys keep writing hits like this, how would you like to get signed?"

His question echoed off the windowed walls, the four of us gaping at each other.

"Hell yeah!" Ashton yelled back.

"Wait," I put my hand up. "We want to do things our way."

Ashton stared at me as if he was about to murder me.

"No, he is right," Calum defended me. "If we are going to do this, we have to do it right. Right for us."

To our surprise John was smiling, nodding along. "This is just what we need. A band who knows who they are. Who aren't afraid to test the boundaries of what is accepted these days."

I smirked at Ashton.

"We can talk details about your record label options later. How about releasing that first song, and then a starter EP?"