0.3

"Good morning Madds," Ashton greeted me with a wide grin as he opened the door to his flat. The smell of sizzling bacon and burnt toast welcomed me to our usual Saturday breakfast.

"Morning Ash, smells good for once," I chuckled walking in to the little place. Normally I was the one who cooked, who knew Ash could actually turn on the stove.

"Yeah that's because I'm here," shouted Michael from the other room. That explains it alright.

"Fun surprise to see you here!" I clapped walking over to his cooking station. He was scrambling some eggs as Ashton snuck a piece of bacon out of the pan when no one was looking. "What brings you out into the sunshine this early?" I ask curiously.

"Hey, its noon, what do you expect me to be playing videogames all day long?" Michael defended as he put the food on plates for us. "I have to take a break to eat every now and then."

I laughed, carrying the plates over to the table for us. We sat down and began stuffing our faces. 

"Look at me, I got the two house prisoners out for the day!" said Ashton proudly, stealing a piece of my bacon before I could swat him away. "This is a picture perfect moment, who knows when you two will come out of your caves again," he teased making a caveman motion with his hands as Michael and I stuck our tongues out at him. Ashton tried to snap photos of us while we were eating, but I was too quick to turn my head. Michael was not that lucky, Ash got pictures of him mid-bite and mid-yell.

"Yano I'm not staying for too long, I have a Walking Dead marathon to get home too," Michael nonchalantly added. Ashton gaped at him.

"I should've known you couldn't stay out in the light for that long you stupid vamp," Ashton teased.

"Yeah I have to work on a project too," I muttered quickly hoping Ashton wouldn't notice. That was not the case, he pounded his hands on the counter like a little baby.

"Uggh, you guys now I have to hang out with Calum," he groaned, smacking his forehead as if hanging out with his other best friend was such a hassle. We finished our breakfast joking around. We some how managed to get into a bit of a food fight, but I wouldn't have expected any less than that from Ash. He always starts a mess. Michael and I are starting to be good friends too, both of us being quirky and a bit isolate.

"Why don't you come over to my place for a movie later Maddie?" Michael questioned. Ashton gaped, clearly annoyed knowing he would be stuck with Calum. "Ashton, you have kept her to yourself for the past few years, it's my turn to befriend her!" he teased, sticking his tongue out. It's true, If Ash had introduced me to these guys sooner I would've loved them! Well most of them.

"No fair, why can't I come?" Ashton complained, "You guys just love to torture me don't ya?" Michael and I teased him a bit more, and went our separate ways. 

I finally finished my project, it only took three hours, that's almost a record for biology. I still had a half hour before I was due at Michaels so I figured I could make some brownies. As I was mixing the batter I heard the familiar clicking of heels coming down the hall.

"Darling are you sure you want to make them? Unnecessary calories missy," my mother scolded as she put her briefcase on the counter. I rolled my eyes. Like I really cared about that. She was so "perfect" that it made me ill. I wouldn't dare let those words escape my mouth.

"They are for a friend mother don't worry," I smiled, a forced smile. Not like she could tell the difference. "I'm going over Evan's house to study for history tonight," I lied answered her questioning eyebrows. It's hard to admit I have become quite an avid liar. She didn't give me much of a choice though. If she knew how much time I actually spent at Ashton's place she would ground me until college.