1.7

So I've been told this chapter is even better if you listen to Say Something or Luke's cover of A Drop In the Ocean while you are reading(: So perhaps you can try that out. (It made me cry more)

Luke's POV (*Right after he fought with Michael*)

All I could feel was Ashton's grip on me and my anger running at high speeds with my adrenaline. It took everything in me not to break out of Ashton's grip and lunge at Michael again. To make him feel the pain I feel.

Before my mind could snap back into focus, Ashton had already dragged me outside. My short and angered breaths began to even out, my fists unclenching, my consciousness resurfacing. Looking at Ashton I could see the hurt in his eyes. I opened my mouth, ready to apologize, well really I don't know what I was going to say, but before I could even attempt to form coherent words, he cut me off.

"This needs to end," He muttered, his eyes cast to the ground.

"I know, Michael- "

"No, not Michael," he interrupted me. "You and Maddie."

I just stared at him.

"What?"

"You and Maddie. It needs to stop. I can't watch her, or you, or Michael get hurt anymore," He shook his head.

What?

"I don't understand," was all I could manage to get out.

"Luke, open your eyes, dammit, how can you guys be happy with all of the shit going on every day?"

"I'm finally happy," I whispered. "I haven't been this happy in so long- "

"Happy? Getting in fights with Michael every day is happy?"

"None of that matters when I'm with her Ashton!" I rose my voice, but it quivered uncertainly.

"This is tearing us apart. I care about you, I care about all three of you, and right now none of you are happy," he crossed his arms, hugging himself. I knew what he was thinking. That this was all his fault. I wanted to reach out to him, to assure him that it wasn't him.

"She's not happy? With me?" My voice quivered more. Why was I so emotional? Man up Luke.

"Luke, I've known Maddie for years. The most drama she's been through is getting a B on a test. She isn't used to this, neither are you," his voice softened. I tried to ignore the concern in his eyes. I tried to ignore the truth behind his words.

"I don't want to hurt her," I mumbled, biting my lip.

"Then do what's best for her-"he began, but it was my turn to cut him off.

"But I love her!" I shouted at him, covering my mouth after the words escaped me, as Calum walked outside, his eyes widening before he began to laugh in my face. I shot him a deadly glare.

"You love her? You guys have been dating for like a week," Calum bit down on his hand to stop his laughter. I could kill him right now. He has no idea. He has no idea of how depressed I had been for the past few months. No, he did know. He knew just how miserable I had been, but he has no idea how she managed to come in and turn on the lights in my heart's cavern. She found the pieces that had chipped off, and put them back into their place.

"Listen Luke," Ashton was giving me those eyes. Those eyes I hated. The eyes of pity. "If you really care about her, which I know that you do, you'll end this."

"I can't," I shuffled my foot against the pavement. My head down, hiding my weak eyes from the boys. "Why is this so hard?"

"It's not just hard for you," Ashton began, "You don't think it is hard for me to watch my best friend fall in love with someone else?" he whispered.