0.2

I felt my phone vibrate for what must have been the tenth time in my pocket. As I pulled into the lot out front of Ashton's apartment I checked my phone to see a list of texts, but I only read the most recent.

What time does your damn school end?

I smirked and got out of the car. My long brunette hair blew in the wind, making me snuggle up in my green sweater that matched my eyes. Walking up to Ashton's apartment, I decided to knock this time just in case any of the boys were there yet. I hadn't checked the lot for other cars. Suddenly my stomach got all jittery. I wasn't used to this whole meeting boys business, especially the kind that Ash hung out with. It was different with my nerdy friends. Almost all of my friends at school were guys, but that was different, we messed around with each other and competed for better grades. I don't get nervous around them because I know I would never like them. I had a feeling these boys wouldn't be like that.

The door opened to Ashton's cheeky smile, "Maddie is here!" he bellowed as I stepped in. My face immediately flushed as three, not so bad looking, boys' eyes fell on me. I could feel them searching me up and down. I knew I was pretty, but I never really tried to be. I missed the chapter where everyone learned to do their makeup and curl their hair. I was too shy to talk to any guy that was even potentially cute besides Ash. That is only because I've known him for ages. I smiled and waved, sitting down at the kitchen counter before taking the time to really look at them.

After my face cooled down, I hated how it always did that, I looked at who I was dealing with. There were two boys sitting on the couch laughing over some joke I must've missed. One had messy blonde hair with fringe that covered almost half of his face, that would take getting used too, and the other was Kiwi with big dimples and warm eyes. The third boy was sitting on the chair across from them, he was laughing too, but he seemed more reserved. 

"Come on over then stranger," Ash yelled to me, patting a spot on the couch next to him. I blushed again, slowly walking over, sitting close to him as if to ward off the possible evils. I could feel their eyes burning into me. Ash introduced me to them, telling them all of my most embarrassing stories like I failed my driver's test the first two times and I can't cook for my life, all before I could even say a word. Thanks Ash.

"Hello there missy, I'm Michael," said the fringe hair boy giving me a wave.

"I'm Maddie," I smiled waving back, "I like your hair," I added.

"Thanks I grew it myself," he joked shaking his bangs back and forth. "This is my buddy Calum," he said motioning to the boy next to him. I waved to him as well.

"What you don't like my hair then?" Calum laughed.

"Your hair is beautiful too," I joked. I looked at the third boy, waiting for an introduction. He just gave me a weak smile, biting his lip ring, not making eye contact with me. "And you are..." I asked weakly not able to fully find my voice.

"Luke," he said softly, his voice a bit raspy, his blue eyes piercing mine. My stomach did a flip, as I forced a smile. Ash nudged me, give me a questioning look. But I just shook my head. Why did Ash have to know me so well? I wouldn't be able to hide anything from him.

As the boys kept talking and telling me about their band, I surprisingly warmed up quickly. Before I knew it, I was joking around with them, as if they were my best friends too. They asked me about school, teasing me about my smartness, and I asked them about the band, teasing them about their stupidness. It was quite fun actually.

When the pizza arrived I found out that these boys ate like wild dogs. I nibbled on my piece as they got onto their thirds and fourths. If it was just me and Ash I would have been eating as much as them, but I figured I would keep my cool. I could feel a pair of eyes on me, and I looked up to see Luke watching me. His face blushed when his eyes met mine and we both looked away.