2.4

The slam of a door echoed throughout the blackness of my brain, making my eyes shoot open, looking around the darkened room. I saw Calum was awake, still sitting where he had been when I fell asleep. His eyes were bloodshot, staring at the closed door.

I sit up quickly, causing Calum's heavy gaze on the closed door to shift to me.

"H-how long have you been awake?" His eyes widen.

"I don't know," I answer truthfully, pulling my legs off of him and bringing them up to hug my chest.

"Did you hear anything?" He sounded panicked.

"I don't know," I couldn't tell if my dreams were actually dreams, or if they were reality. The voices had felt so real, but so distant. My memory of the conversation was beginning to fade. I tried to replay the voices in my head to keep hold of the memory, but the words were slowly blurring together.

It had to have been a dream, why would Luke have come here looking for me? He wouldn't have.

"Listen," Calum stood up, grabbing his phone and slipping his shoes on, "I shouldn't be here, this was all a mistake," he mumbled before walking out of the room.

Not that it meant anything to me, but I was still a bit hurt that he just ran out like that. I mean, I thought we were like friends now. He probably had faded out of his drunken state and realized what had happened. He had made out with some nerd. I probably just ruined his reputation, but it's not like I was going to tell anyone about this.

I was now secluded in the darkness. My head was pounding, and the influx of contradicting thoughts was only making it worse.

I kept turning my head to look into the darkness, expecting a murderer to be lurking behind the couch. I was terrified of the dark. I slowly got up, creeping over to the door. I brushed my fingers over the wall in search for the light switch. I found it, flicking on the lights at the same time that the door opened, slamming into my side.

"Ow!" I screamed at the same time the other person began to yell apologies.

Turning around, I came face to face with an unsure Michael. In all honesty, I wasn't immediately repelled and disgusted by the sight of him. I was actually grateful for his presence. No, I was mad at him. Ugh, I am not good at this whole being mad at people thing.

"Oh, hey," he mumbled, scratching the back of his neck.

"Hi," I said quietly, making his eyes quickly flicker to me.

"Do you think- I mean, do you have anyone to talk to?" he cast his gaze to his feet.

"No," I shrug honestly, "I was just going to go find Ashton actually."

"He just took Calum home."

"Aren't they both drunk?" I gasp. Idiots.

"Ashton only had one drink, they should be fine," he shrugs it off. "Can I come sit?" he motions over to the couch.

"I was actually going to go now, I've had enough of this party," I groan.

"How exactly are you planning on getting home?" He smirks, raising his eyebrows. Crap. I glare at him, a sarcastic smile forming on his paled face. "Would you like a ride home?" He taunts.

A car ride with Michael. How bad could it be? I thought of the options, he could either fight with me or force himself upon me again, or he could apologize with the slightest chance that I would forgive him.

"Fine," I breathe out, rolling my eyes. I would just have to take my chances. He smiles, moving out of the way so I could exit the room.

We walked down the hallway, which was not as crowded as earlier, and into the living room which was filled with more passed out kids than dancing ones. I could feel Michael behind me as we walked through the crowded kitchen where the party seemed to be continuing through the night. Within a few minutes we were making our way across the lawn to Michael's car.