2.1

Maddie's POV

"Please tell me that is not what you are wearing," my sister's voice entered my bedroom. I turned around to see her smirking at my cardigan and jeans that I was currently wearing. "I thought I showed you last time the proper party attire," Adley winked at me, walking over and sitting on my bed.

I rolled my eyes, "I was actually just about to pick out something." I turned to my closet. I sort of just stared at it, waiting for some new outfit to magically appear. She was right though, none of my clothes were the party type. I grabbed a white, tiered baby doll dress, holding it out for her approval.

"That could work," she eyes it up. "Just let me add a few things," she winked, running out of the room.

I slipped on the dress, it came down to my upper thighs. It had a flowy feeling that made me just want to spin around in circles until I got too dizzy and fell over, even though I am so clumsy that it would only take two spins for me to trip.

"Adley, what is that?" I frowned, as my sister came back into the room holding a bundle of clothes out to me. Well, not really clothes, more like underclothes? God I was so clueless.

"It is a pushup bra. It will do you some good," she threw it at me, but I dropped it immediately as if it was some sort of infection.

"I am not wearing that!"

"Oh come on Maddie. You are not twelve years old anymore. You are a pretty girl who needs to get over a breakup, flaunt your stuff."

"I'm not like that," I cringe at the material lying at my feet.

"Oh shut up and put it on. You will thank me later," my sister forces it into my hands. I give her a warning glare as she giggles, skipping out of my room to let me "change". I wouldn't be thanking her later. It's not like I was going to hook up with anyone anyway. I wasn't that type of girl. Plus, Luke is the only guy I had actually ever kissed... I shook my head to clear out the thoughts of him.

Tonight there would be no thoughts of him.

I slipped it on, along with my white converse and look in the mirror. The soft curls that Adley gave me earlier contrasted against the white of my dress. My pink lips, and soft green eyes made me look kissable, or at least approachable. The eyeliner she added along the rim of my eyes made them look bigger, as if one could get lost in my stare. My skin was glowing, my face looked smooth and flawless. And the bra...well I actually looked-

"Sexy," Adley reentered my room, squeezing my shoulders. "Luke will be sorry he ever let you go."

I cringed at his name, making her quickly apologize, bringing me into a hug.

"Mom is working all night, and she thinks that you and I are sleeping over Casey's house for a farewell party," she spoke softly into my ear, still holding me tight.

"What am I going to do without you?" I give her a squeeze.

"Well, you will find out in a few days I guess."

A few days and then I will have no way of escaping this prison I was supposed to call home.

"Let's not think about that right now. Promise me you will have some fun? You deserve some fun. Okay?" she pulled out of the hug to look into my eyes. Most sisters would be lecturing you to stay safe, not to drink, or stay away from shady boys. No, my scholar sister is here telling me to get into trouble. I will never understand.

"I really should just stay home and study. Finals are in-"

"Its 7, your friend should be here any minute. Go downstairs and wait," she basically orders me. I groan, rolling my eyes, as she sprays me with some girlie perfume, and pushes me out of my bedroom.