Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

And now Alessia had her hands on it.
Alessia was wearing my scent.

As Alessia locked up the house, a terrible feeling overcame me. I tried so desperately to deny it, believing Alessia was better than that. But I couldn't dispute it.

Alessia must've stolen the bottle from Dylan's bathroom.

I never touched it. But that doesn't mean that Alessia didn't.

I was angrier than ever, and my strong emotions had me in and out of the spotlight. Sometimes I'd feel the wind against my face, my feet against the ground or smell the scent of my perfume as it lingered on Alessia's neck. Others, I'd feel only a gentle breeze, light sensations on the soles of Alessia's feet, and only a faint trace of my favourite perfume.

I tried to calm down, to give Alessia back her control, but that almost got me run over. Alessia cringed as the car beeped at her, and I instantly ducked back into the shadows, letting Alessia make her way to Nells' shop.

"Hi, Nells!" Alessia called as she skipped into the shop, darting straight for her favourite snacks and drinks, hearing Nells laugh from the tills.

When Alessia was paying, Nells noted that she looked different, saying that she liked her hair that way.

Alessia grinned, grabbing her stuff and shoving it into her bag, "I like it this way, too," she said, irritating me, "have a good day, Nells." She said, swinging her bag over her shoulder and leaving the shop grinning.

My distaste for Alessia growing, I was barely present as she was walked to school. Alessia immediately headed for most unpopular toilets of the school and she used them in peace. I took a mental note of where the toilets were, just in case I ever end up controlling this body again. At this rate, I'll probably have to in order to avoid Alessia throwing herself at Dylan.

Alessia made her way to registration, drawing attention to herself with the grin on her face. Alessia thought that this was it—this was her happiest day, at least before she got to kiss Dylan again.

She calmed herself slightly, relaxing her smile before she slipped into the classroom. She sat down in her seat quickly to avoid drawing the attention of her classmates to her.

As Alessia was flicking through her planner to see if she had any homework she had to complete for today, someone joined her.

She looked to her left to see Lucas sitting there, beaming at her. She sighed, turning away, annoyed that he always seemed to be near her.

"Hey," he said, "I'm so glad you're okay, I thought something had happened to you yesterday," he said, sounding concerned. But Alessia didn't care; she just wanted him to leave.

"Are you okay?" Lucas said, making Alessia turn to look at him, seeing Lucas frowning at her.

"Just leave me alone, Lucas," she said, and I noticed his hand, which was holding a croissant, wrapped in a white napkin, out to her, retreat.

His frown deepened, "What? What's wrong?" He asked, making her roll her eyes and return to her work. It broke my heart to see her put him down like this. All Lucas had ever done was be nice to her. Just when she was about to say all kinds of profanities and shove him off his seat, I yanked her back and took control of her body once more.

I sighed, closing Alessia's planner before I turned to face him, smiling at him.

"I'm sorry," I told him, "I'm just a little irritable right now," Lucas nodded, eyes full of concern. How could Alessia hate him? He has so much compassion for her.

"You can stay," I told him, "in fact, I want you to stay," his smile returned, "and thank you for caring about me."

He beamed, "It's okay," he said, cheeks colouring slightly, "I brought you this," he said, holding his hand out again, the one that held the croissant.

I laughed, "Thanks, Lucas," I said, taking it and grinning at him. 

So here I am, controlling Alessia's body once more. And not to stop her throwing herself at Dylan, but to stop her running away from Lucas. She deserved someone who always thought of no one else but her, and if she was right about Dylan, he isn't that person for her. Lucas is. And I won't let her throw this away.

_________________________________

cute

would almost say they're friends

ALSO

LAST UPDATE/CHAPTER POSTED OF 2018

YEEKEYEYEKKEYYEEEEEEK

I can't decide if double posting on New Year's Day is too much

might see if there's another surprise I've got up my sleeve but.....idk

until then

-cheers to 2018, and I'll see you next year

FABULOUS SONGS

Songs that played when I was writing this chapter (in order):
All For Love - Madison Beer
Teenager In Love - Madison Beer
Salty Sweet - MS MR
The Fear - Lily Allen
Only Love Can Hurt Like This - Paloma Faith
Clocks - Coldplay
Burn - Ellie Goulding
Find You - Ruelle
Only If For A Night - Florence + The Machine
Irrelevant - Lauren Aquilina

END OF FABULOUS SONGS

Date written:
13/09/18 (hollows book one amirite 😏🥳)

____________
Next update: next year ;) [ also my updating schedule is going back to normal bc of school :( ]
____________

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR SPOILER:

We begin the new year with revelations, kisses, arguments, and the shattering of an angels' wings.

Tuesday 1st of January, 2019.
Be there.