fifty one

"alone"

"alone"

"You know I could've done this for myself, right?" I smiled slightly at her as she changed the dressing of my wound.
"I know, baby," she replied before securing the new dressing over the gauze.

I caressed her face, admiring her beauty and fighting my desire to attack her lips with mine. "You thought about the ring yet?" I asked, referring to my proposal of marriage.

"I don't have an answer for you, if that's what you're asking," she replied before beginning to put the materials needed to change my gauze away.

"I ain't rushin' you, sweetness," I reminded her.
"It kinda' feels like you are, Rocky," she mumbled.
"I'm sorry," I apologized, finally pecking her lips.

She moved toward the trashcan of the bathroom, placing all used material there after bagging it up twice. With that, she washed her hands just as she'd done before starting and left the bathroom.

I followed behind her, pulling her into my embrace singlehandedly. With only one arm snaked around her waist, I began kissing her neck.
"Baby, I'm not in the mood," she began to push me off of her.

"Come on, girl," I urged, my tongue escaping its home to get a taste of her.
"Juwan, move. I'm serious," she pushed harder against me although I still wasn't budging.
"I'm serious too. You been treatin' me cold since I was released from the hospital. What's up with that?" I asked.

"Get the fuck off of me!" she shouted, stumbling a bit as I finally let her go. Even once she was free, she gave me a harsh shove. "You play too damn much! I told you to back up off of me, Juwan!"

"What's up wit'chu? I can't show you affection no more? You're my fiancée, and this is how you're doing me? Come here, girl," I started to take her hand into mine.

She pushed my hand away from her. "I'm not your fiancée, Rocky."

"Yet," I corrected her.
She rolled her eyes and folded her arms.
"And why aren't you my fiancée yet? What is there to think about? You love me, don't you?" I inquired.
"I wouldn't be here if I didn't, Rocky!" she retorted.
"Then what's the hold up?" I demanded.

"You're different now," she answered.
"I'm different? Look at you! You've been snappy as hell since we started seeing each other again," I shook my head.
"Because I have to defend this relationship all over again. They think I'm an idiot for gettin' back with you," she explained.

"Who is they? Why the fuck you still care about what other people gotta' say about us? You don't owe nobody nothin', Quinn— not an explanation, not a damn thing," I shook my head.