forty four

"again"

"again"

"All done!" I set the last pillow on his bed, a wide smile lining my lips just before I faced him.
"Good. Now we can break the bed in," he mirrored my expression while one of his arms snaked my waist.
I laughed as he kicked his shoes off and lined his kisses along my face. "Come on, girl."
"Marlooo," I whined playfully just before he mounted his bed.
"Quiiiin," he mocked me before urging me to come out of my leather ankle boots.

He stood on his bed, his hands out in order to help me up. Reluctantly, I unzipped my heels and gripped his hands. He helped me up on the bed, bouncing once I had joined him. I didn't miss a beat in joining him, jumping in attempt to reach the high ceiling. Marlo didn't have to reach much, but it was fun trying to act like I didn't have to reach much either.

Eventually, we plopped down on the bed, panting and smiling at each other. Our hands joined, our fingers twining as we stared at each other.

"You are so fucking beautiful. I love this color on you," he pushed a few loose strands of hair out of my face.
"It looks good, right?" I was referring to my latest red wig.
"Yeah. It looks really good," he nodded, his lone fingertip sliding down my neck and toward my collarbone.
"Lo, stop," I took his hand into mine, meaning that both of our hands were now occupied by the other's.
He only smirked, abiding by my silent plea.

"So, you're all moved in now. What do you want to do now that you're technically a New York resident?" I asked.
He shrugged. "We can just kick it here. I wanna' enjoy it a little bit now that it's fully furnished before I'm on the go."
"Okay," I smiled slightly, my eyes searching his face for a moment before I sat up completely.

I did so only to move a lot closer to him and lay my head on his chest while he held me close. I straddled him and snuggled up to him, his large hands providing me with comfort as they rubbed circles into my back.

"I'm happy you're here," I whispered.
"Me too," he kissed my cheek repetitively.
I smiled, reveling in his affection briefly before pecking his lips only twice.

I lost myself in his looks for only a moment before sitting up. "Alright. Let's break in this bed," I nodded while beginning to unbuckle his belt.
He laughed, taking my hands into his as he sat up as well. He placed my hands on his shoulders and leaned up to allow his lips to melt onto mine.

I gave in without a second thought, our tender kiss sending me on to a one-way trip to ecstasy. "I love you," he murmured against my lips, my heart doing flips as a result. One of his hands found my cheek, deepening our kiss as I sighed out of satisfaction.

It's been a month since we've made things official. Things have been almost too good to be true. If I didn't have faith in Marlo— if he didn't give me the security that I so desperately needed, I'd probably be falling all over myself when it came to him. I'd probably be waiting for this thing to fall apart and for him to get bored of me. I'll admit that a small part of me was still waiting for it to happen, but with every passing day, I found myself more smitten by him. Waiting for him to prove me right became less and less important, and what became more pressing was making the best of every moment we spent together.