Feared freedom

"Stand straighter, you think your father wants a slack to continue the ruling of the great galra empire?" A woman held a stick as she circled a small child standing in the middle of the room with heels together and hands clasped behind his back.

"No governess Dayak," Lotor said determined but flinched when she smacked him behind the ankle.

"Prince Lotor-" "perhaps that is enough governess," a strong voice said politely and Lotor refused to look, hoping he wouldn't get another smack from his nanny.

"Commander," Dayak nodded as a tall galra walked in and Lotor glanced behind him seeing the commander towering over the female galra due to his height.

"I have orders to train the prince," he said calmly and Dayak looked between the two and nodded.

"We will continue your studies later prince Lotor," Dayak told him and Lotor relaxed and knelt down to rub his sore ankle where she smacked.

"I shall go grab my blade commander Kolivan," Lotor nodded with a small sigh.

"I have one for you already young prince," Kolivan knelt down to the ten year old boy and saw Lotor walk over rubbing his arm with a small limp.

"May I see your arm?" He asked gently and Lotor looked at him for a moment then rolled up his sleeve.

"It's just from my studies commander, nothing bad," Lotor said quietly as Kolivan saw the dark bruise where the outline of the stick was.

"Governess doesn't do it to be mean, I'm just suppose to be stronger cause I'm..." Lotor trailed off looking down.

"Not galra enough?" Kolivan asked flatly and he nodded.

"Well, lucky for you, I have a brave weapon for you that not galra enough as well," Kolivan offered him a sword that was a little to big for the child.

"A broadsword? Galra's don't use broadswords," Lotor scoffed as he grunted taking the sword to look at it.

"That's because it's an altean broadsword," Kolivan let a small smile pass his lips.

"Altean? Like mother?" Lotor gasped softly and he nodded.

"I remember a time where the galra alteans didn't always fight, when there was no war, I know you could be the leader that can put an end to the war, especially since your not galra enough," Kolivan put a hand on his shoulder as his large hand covered most of his upper arm and shoulder.

"To end the war? My father says the war is a way for the galra to-" "I know, I know... But trust me young prince, you will soon be old enough to see," Kolivan sighed and Lotors lip trembled.

"Your scaring me Kolivan," he sniffled.

"Don't be afraid young prince, for this life we're forced to, freedom is the thing you should fear less," Kolivan said gently and Lotor rubbed under his nose.

"Don't tell governess, she doesn't like it when I sniffle, sniffle means crying and crying means weakness," Lotor said quietly. "I rather just train,"

"Today we're doing something different young prince," Kolivan stood up.

"Today you will learn to use your enemies weapon against them, to find their technique, but not to strike," Kolivan pulled out his own sword from his holster.

"To not strike? Commander your odd," Lotor smiled a little as he struggled to keep the large sword up.

"Happy birthday young prince," Kolivan smiled as he helped Lotor hold the sword high.

"This is how you show you will be victorious," he chuckled softly as Lotor grunted trying to keep the sword up. "Choose your opponent like this, and they will be intimidated,"

------

"You okay man?" Lance asked as Lotor flew in the red lion with him and there was the rest of the team in the cock pit below them.

"I'm fine, eager," Lotor said softly as he stood behind him with his arms crossed.

"It's exciting," Lance smiled up at him. "Kolivans a little stubborn but he's a cool dude,"

"I hope your right, I don't know how other galra will be around me..." Lotor frowned and Lance looked at him softly.

"Only one way to find out," Lance sighed looking ahead as they got closer to the Marmora base and landed on a hot planet but saw a purple portal under a thick cloud of acid fog, only reason they took red was because the lion could take the heat.

Lance flew into the portal and they saw an underground metal sanctuary as there was Marmora soldiers working and some training while they saw a large soldier waiting on the ground.

So they landed.