A new defender

"Coran, you need to get as far away from Naxzela as you can immediately," Shiro told the orange hair altean with a stern look but his grey eyes full of worry.

"Pick up any members of the coalition who are near by but go,"

"Wha-what's happening?" Coran asked confused in the castle alone.

"Naxzela is a bomb and it's about to go off," allura told him quickly with a serious facial as she was in blue.

"But what about you?" Coran asked even more confused not wanting to loose the only family he had left.

"We'll stop it if we can but we need you to do this," allura persuaded not knowing what would really happen.

"Yes... Princess," Coran looked at her with fearful eyes but obeyed.

"Thrusters are at max power!" Lance told them all as voltrom blasted through the air to the bomb.

"Sure hope we make it in time," hunk gulped, not helping anyones nervousness in the time as well as they evacuated the miles and miles from the bomb.

---

"Follow my lead! We've got to break through that shield!" Keith commanded as he was in a galra fighter ship in a marmorite uniform.

He grunted when a blast hit his left wing and took it out as his fighter began to loose atmosphere.

Keith grunted with wide eyes seeing he was unable to fight with the fighter and beats of sweat formed on his temple.

---

"We're not going to make it!" Lance cried it as sweat ran down his face and his heart raced. He put up a personal call in the red lion in hope to get Keith.

"Lance? What are you doing?" Keith picked up the call from his ship.

"Where are you?" He asked with fear in his voice.

"I'm... Just keep going Lance, it's going to be okay," Keith looked at him but Lance saw right through him.

"Keith what do you mean? Keith? Keith!" Lance yelled as the galra hybrid paladin hung up without another word.

"Keith!"

-----

"We'll never penetrate those shields!" Matt raised his voice with wide eyes and Keith stared at the shield with wide eyes but saw he got a call from Lance...

"Lance? What are you doing?" He asked confused with worry.

"Where are you?" Lance asked with fear in his voice.

"I'm... Just keep going Lance, it's going to be okay," Keith looked at him but didn't see lances face that didn't believe him.

"Keith what do you mean? Keith? Keith!"

He ended the call.

'Maybe not with our weapons' he thought to himself calmly.

He forced the lever forward harshly to move the ship to the shield but didn't attack with his weapons in a flash of red from the ships motor.

"Wait Keith what are you doing?" Matt asked immediately seeing something was wrong.

"Keith no!"

He continued to fly the ship straight into the shield narrowing his eyes as he got closer with determination. But he closed his eyes when he knew what was about to happen.

Suddenly a canon blast went straight through the shield where Keith was heading and continued to fire directly into the shield. Keith gasped and pulled up seeing it was destroyed with a grunt.

The fighter with the canon flew straight to the ship as it began to blow up and Keith breather harshly but looked at the fighter that saved his life.

"Lotor?" He whispered.

"Naxzela is returning to normal! You did it!" He heard Coran.

"Good work Keith," Shiro congratulated. Keith was about to tell him it wasn't him but a fleet of galra ships headed toward the fighter Keith recognized as the comet.

"Guys a little help?" He called and saw a flash in the distance knowing Voltron was disassembled and saw red immediately flying to him.

"I'm coming Keith, hold on," Lance told him sternly and Keith grunted as he avoided getting hit.

Lance blasted from afar hitting multiple ships as he flew in front of Keith with massive speed.

"Get out of here I got it till the others arrive," Lance looked back at him and Keith hesitated.

"I can cover you," Keith fought back.

"Your ship is going to go to shit if you don't use the rest of it to get out of here, I'll meet you back at the castle," Lance said sternly and Keith froze never hearing his voice that serious before. But he obeyed.

Lance pulled a lever back to cover for his boyfriend and shoved it forward to attack with the lion but saw a purple canon attacking as well.

"Is that-" Lance was cut off when he was hit from the side but so what the fighter that fought with him.

Suddenly the ship with the powerful canon was hit again and again as if it was the main target. Lance paled when he saw electricity form around the ship and it stopped moving but started falling backwards to another planet near by.

"Lance we got your back," Shiro pulled up in his lion as the other three followed quickly.

"Good. I'll be right back, don't wait up," he flew away without hesitation seeing the fighter heading into the icy planets atmosphere and flames created around it as the fighter and pilot flew straight into the ice and snow of a planet.

"Oh shit,"