Chapter 15: "Awakening Fears"

Start from the beginning

"I COULD GO A WHILE WITHOUT DRINKING ANY COFFEE," He boasted.

"Good for you...?" You didn't know how to respond to his self-praise.

These brothers are so different, Papyrus is a narcissist and Sans seems to be the complete opposite Papyrus is just so egotistical and Sans is so self-doubting.

"EARTH TO (Y/N)!"

You were torn from your thoughts by Papyrus' loud voice.

"Oh sorry. I was thinking about something." You explained.

He ignored your explanation and leaned back in his chair. "WELL, CAN I EAT?" He asked.

"Oh, I guess so." You walked back to the stove and got a spatula out. You served plates for you and Papyrus and sat at the table with him.

His shirt was tight fitting so you could see his ribcage through it, you will admit that he looks really good in this particular shirt.

You tore your gaze from his chest and looked at his face, trying to ignore whatever blush that may have appeared.

"Bone appetit," You chuckled and Papyrus stiffened, his face became blank and he cringed at your joke.

You snickered at his reaction, "Papy, your face! It's priceless!"

He stiffened again but you weren't sure why... Had you said something wrong?

"S-SINCE WHEN HAVE YOU BEEN CALLING ME 'PAPY'?" He asked, his face was turning a faint red.

Oh, did you accidentally call him 'Papy'? It was a cute nickname but, Papyrus doesn't look like one who would like nicknames. Maybe that's why he seems so... Shocked?

"Uh," You scratched you neck uncomfortably as you tried to think of an answer.

"Since now?" You replied as you grinned nervously.

His white skull slowly lost its red tint and he stayed silent for about three minutes.

"DON'T." He murmured. He didn't sound angry, just somewhat embarrassed.

Maybe someone he didn't like called him Papy or maybe he just didn't want his human prisoner calling him nicknames.

You nodded, "Sorry, it just came out. I'm not sure why." You apologized.

"IT'S FINE... JUST DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN."

Wait, he blushed earlier when you called him 'Papy'... Does that mean he likes you back? It is a possibility but, even if he does like you back you wouldn't know what signs to look for.

Papyrus lifted his fork with his left hand awkwardly and cut a forkful of breakfast lasagna, you copied him by getting some as well.

He looked at the crumbles of sausage spilling out of the slice, "WHERE DID YOU LEARN THIS RECIPE?" He asked as he observed the forkful of food.

"I kinda just made it up on the spot," You admitted nervously.

He paused for a second, "IT TAKES GREAT CULINARY SKILL TO MAKE A 'GOOD' MEAL UP ON THE SPOT." He remarked.

"Or a basic knowledge of how foods work together," You murmured.

He must've not heard your contradiction because he didn't say anything, but that was most likely a good thing.

You put the forkful of food into your mouth and the flavor was amazing.

You had made a good meal that Papyrus would like and you were anxious to know what he would think about it.