Chapter 21: "Peril"

You sat down next to Toriel and her grin widened. "I'm so glad we can get along now." She remarked.

You smiled nervously and nodded your head in agreement just to appease her. Toriel's red pupils seemed to be directed at Sans as she stared right past you.

"Is he not leaving?" She asked with a small scowl appearing on her face.

"nope, i'm stayin' right 'ere. in fact," He sat down on the sofa next to you, "i'm gonna watch mtt with you two," He continued.

Toriel grumbled and and turned on the television, it was an episode you've already seen countless times. But knowing Toriel, she probably hasn't seen any episodes of Mettaton's show.

She didn't have a TV, computer or radio in her home so she probably had no idea Mettaton even existed. She never mentioned him while you were staying with her either. Though, would she have liked to meet Mettaton? They seemed like their personalities would have worked well together.

You began to think of how Toriel and Mettaton would have done a great cooking show together. You could imagine it now, "Cooking with the Queen". Mettaton and Toriel would eagerly walk the viewers through the process of making one of Toriel's famous " Blood Pies", "Bloodderscotch Sinnamon pies" or one of King Asgore's favorites, "Crimson Tea".

Sans shifted on the couch slightly and yawned. "boy, i sure am bone tired."

You heard Toriel erupt into laughter and you looked at her in surprise, that was a very quick personality change. "Aha! Good one!" She remarked.

He gave you a thumbs-up and you all directed your eyes at the TV.

The tall four-armed robot seemed to tower over his interviewee, a small catlike-dog monster wearing a dark red suit and a gold monocle. You know from the past times you've watched this episode that this monster is named 'Temmie' or 'Tem' for short.

Temmie was advertising their newest product, "New and Improved Temmie Flakes". They almost looked like fruity pebbles, you wondered how they tasted. Could they be like fruity pebbles?

You turned to Sans, "Have you had them before?" You asked.

"once before, that was a mistake though." Sans replied.

"Would you like some, my child?" Toriel asked you, she kept her eyes on the TV screen.

You thought for a moment and shook your head. "Nah, it just reminded of of a food from the surface." You responded.

Toriel nodded and stared at the TV with wide eyes.

When that show ended you, turned to see Sans asleep next to you. You took off his jacket that you had forgotten you had on and laid it on him like a blanket.

Toriel shook her head, "You're too kind for your own good." She sighed.

"Well he deserves kindness, just like everyone else down here." You responded.

"You just don't understand, monsters see kindness as a sign of weakness." Toriel sighed.

"I do understand, but I have protectors." You looked over at the sleeping Sans.

"They both care about me and admire my kindness," You sighed.

"They can only protect you for so long, my child." She murmured in response.

"They will most likely be convicted for protecting you, that's actually one of the reasons Sans asked me to help out. They want me to convince Asgore to pardon all three of you." Toriel sighed and reached over to hold your hand.