Chapter Nineteen: Long Drop at the Top of the Social Pyramid

Start from the beginning

"I thought we were hypothetically speaking?"

"Oh we are, so hypothetically I will smack you in the back of the head if you didn't wear a condom. That's the number one rule dude, wear the rubber or don't get the lover. Jeez." I pinched the bridge of my nose out of frustration. I was basically contradicting myself because Samuel and I didn't wear a condom in the car, but that happened so fast and we didn't have any nearby- besides, I'm birth control and even took the morning after pill the next day. After that day, we wore condoms. "You has all those changed to wear protection that night."

"We were in the moment. Jeez, I would of expected a gentle response from you."

"That was gentle compared to your mother. But if Gabriela is pregnant, she wouldn't be going to a bar- so there's now a higher chance the test wasn't hers."

Ronny nod her head in agreement, finally drinking from the bottle. "I pray she's not." It was wrong to say that and it was equally as wrong for me to agree, but none of them are financially stable for a baby and they're really young.

Fulfilling my hypothetical promise, I gave Ronny's neck a good smack that made him choke on his drink. "Idiot," I said in a stern voice.

******

I arrived at the bar seven o'clock on the dot like every night for the past week, Gretchen was already behind the bar serving her first drink while Paul was getting ready to do inventory before the truck load come in for tonight. Usually clocking in was swiping your work card into the only register in this place and saying hello to Paul before it becomes busy.

"You look tired," Gretchen stated the obvious when coming to my side as I clocked into the complicated system I'm not exactly use to yet. It took two tries to successfully log in.

"I had to move new furniture in my place, I am so not ready for tonight." I grumbled before putting all my stuff in the secret compartment under the bar where it's secure and in our site.

"Well, get ready sugar, it's Friday night football and I already seen a bus full of hardcore Jet fans walking around the block."

I groaned out loud and rubbed my face, "Fantastic."

Gretchen chuckled before shaking my shoulders to wake me up, it's something we do to each other during the night when one of us is moving slow. Considering both of us has day shifts, even though mine is a little easier than hers, we would both get exhausted.

The first wave of guys came in at nine, it was a small crowd of football lovers that stayed around until the end of the game. All you heard was the tv and them cursing under their breath when a player fucks up. Mostly we serve food and beer other than actually alcohol during this time, however, when the game is over and all the fans leave to go home- the real party starts.

Eleven o'clock was the most busiest time here, all the young people come in to start their night with pre-gaming, ordering complicated drinks while listening to loud music. By then Paul was pitching in around the bar, he was an efficient bartender, actually he's been doing this ever since he were fifteen; of course, working illegally in his grandfather's bar back in New Orleans.

Anyway, we were referred as the three musketeers from the way we coordinate around each other without knocking into each other. I'm glad I found my way around, it was best to be the usual bar keep around here to take up more tips from the regulars.

"Hey beautiful, how about I buy you drink?"

I looked up to Samuel sitting directly in front of me with a smirk upon his face. "I don't think my boyfriend would be pleased." I decided to play along for a quick second while pouring shots for the guy wedged in next to him.