Sakura's battle: mentally and physically

Everyone was doing well. So far there haven't been any big injuries-except for Naruto's and Kiba's fight. Korosu was torn between which one to shout for, but she ended up hollering for Naruto to beat his ass already and get it over with. Can't say she wasn't enjoying it though, and Naruto. My lord, that boy. He farted. Farted in Kiba's face. She still wasn't sure if Naruto is stupid or cunning in his own simple way of his?

"Is that big idiot done yet?" Sakura shakes her head, a smile dancing over her lips.

She grimances and shakes her head. "Not yet, but he's wrapping up."

"Okay...." Sakura lets out a steady breath.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah...I suppose so. It's just....what if I'm not good enough, ya know?" Her green eyes darken with worry.

Korosu watches her team mate with concerned eyes. Sakura always beats herself up for being the weakest member on the team, but in reality she wasn't weak at all. Naruto and Sasuke-whether they knew it or not- were drawn to the feiry pinkette with her sharp mental skills and strength.

'You'll do fine, Sakura." Korosu shakes her head and places her hand on the girl's shoulder. "You're stronger than you give yourself cradit for. I know you're strong. Naruto knows you're strong. Sasuke knows you're strong. So, stop beating yourself up and kick some serious ass out there."

Sakura's dark features brighten and tears glimmer inside her eyes. Shocking Korosu, Sakura throws herself at the dark haired girl and wraps her in her arms. "Oh, Korosu. You're amazing, I hope you do well out there!"

"Thank you, Sakura." Korosu pats her ackwardly.

Sasuke comes from behind and pulls Sakura away from me and talks to her quietly. I study the two of them, unsure of how they feel for each other. Sasuke was careful around her while Sakura let her emotions show. Just as she did with Naruto, but those two confused her more than Sasuke and her did. Naruto was in love with Sakura, but Sakura didn't seem to realize the fact.

This team is going to fall apart.

***

Korosu watched Sakura's frail figure walk out into the ring, her head held high and shoulders set straight. Ino-Sakura's enemy and friend- stood on the other side, her hands crossed cockily over her chest. Oh, Korosu knew who she was cheering for right away.

"SAKURA!" She screamed into the ring, catching the pinkette's and everyone's attention. "Kick that blonde's ass, ya hear me!"

Sakura breaks out into a cheeky grin, her green eyes sparkling. "You got it, Korosu!"

Ino's eyes narrow and glare in Korosu's direction, fire building in their depths. Known to the girl's anger, she raises her hand and flips Ino the bird. Happy with Ino's reaction and enraged expression, she settles down beside Sasuke and Naruto.

"She's going to do fine you two, get those looks of worry off your faces." She nudges her two team mates.

Sasuke glares at her without responding, but Naruto bites his lower lip. She's their gem alright, she'll be the grounding between the three of them. If she dies or anything happens to her this team will fall apart.

Silence fills the room as both girls take their fighting stance, waiting for the signal to begin. They don't wait for long, the guy gives the signal and the battle starts. Ino disappears, but Sakura only twitches. This will be interesting to say the least.

( Sakura's Pov )

I focus on Ino, ignoring everyone else and letting the world fade away. I cannot lose focus, I will not dissapoint my team. Not in front of everyone. Right as the whistle rang Ino was gone, but I waited patiently for her. Calming my heartbeat down, I centered my breathing and listened.

There.

I swing my leg upwards, blocking Ino's leg thrust towards my head. Grounding down I sweep my leg out and kick her behind the knees, effectively knocking her to the ground. She kicks out at me and catches my side. Stumbling backwards I gain my footing and block her punch just in time.

"Kick her ass, Sakura!" Korosu's soft voice screams through the crowd.

I grin, finding fire deep within myself. Nodding, I double my speed and surprise Ino with fast aimed punches to her sides and upper body.

"Damn, Sakura." She coughs. "You're serious."

"Sorry, Ino." I wipe away the line of blood. "I have to win."

Her eyes widen and she puffs away in a cloud of smoke. About to take off after her, I stagger. My eyes swimming and unable to focus I slump towards the ground, landing with a small impact. Blackness creeps over my eyes and I find myself losing consciousness.

Sasuke stood before me, his dark hair a stark constrast to the moonlit night. My nose scrunched in confusion. What was he doing out here?

"Sakura..." He keeps his back to her, but his muscles were ridgid. "I'm sorry.

"What-what do you mean, Sasuke-kun?" I whisper, feeling it odd to bring my voice to normal tone.

"I have to find my brother. I have to become stronger." This time he turns. His eyes are red and hauntingly blank.

"Sasuke...?" I shake my head. Confusion swarms my mind and makes my limbs numb. "Are you leaving?"

"Hai, and I'm not coming back." He looks away, unable to meet her startling green eyes.

"What about Naruto?" I step closer. "You're just going to leave him behind?" I can't voice my other question: what about me?

Sasuke flinches, hearing her unasked question. He didn't want to leave, but the curse mark was becoming to much and he needed to find his brother to find peace. He had to leave her....

"I'm sorry, Saukra." He disappears and reappears behind her. "Forgive me."

And my world goes black.

***

I come too, blood seeping from my eyes, but I am able to stand. Unsteady and weak I climb to my feet. Ino stands in front, her eyes wide and scared. "Sakura?"

I flinch and cover my ears. Everything was to loud, her voice was to loud. "Don't speak, Ino. Let's continue with the fight."

I sway dangeriously and stumble to catch my balance.

"Hey! Get out of the ring!" A male's voice blares through the silence.

"Call the fight a draw!" Korosu's soft whispery voice enters my ears.

So that's who is on the field. "Korosu?"

Gentle hands snake beneath her knees and under her arms, lifting her like she weighed nothing. "Baka, listen to Sakura." Sasuke's annoyed eyes snap to hers.

I flinch under their cold gaze. "I-I have to win."

"Baka!" He growls this time. "You're unable to fight!"

Tears swell, but I fight back the urge to cry. "Let me down."

"No." He shakes his head, his grip tightening. "The Hokage will call a tie."

And he was right. Seconds after his words ended, I heard the Hokage call a tie between Ino's and I's battle. Anger and hurt lances through me. Was I not strong enough? Why must my team step in for me?

I am weak.

( Korosu's Pov )

I flinch, Sakura's eyes were dull and blank. The usual fire in their green depths gone, replaced by dullness. I'd made the right decision in stopping the fight. Sakura had gone through something, and judging by Ino's expression it wasn't caused by her. So, this left me rushing out onto the field and demanding the Hokage call the fight a tie.

Sakura, forgive me. I did this for you, I didn't want to see you injured beyond what I could handle. Something happened to you in those minutes were you blacked out.....forgive me.