Chapter 9: A Sleepless Night

After he finished his work with cleaning, he finally had a chance to sit down and rest for a while. However, he didn't think that he would be able sleep since he couldn't get rid of that feeling which made his soul restless.

He sat on the gorund in the balcony, covered his back with a thin blanket which he found in France's room, and closed his eyes to feel the peace of the night wind which was blowing kindly, stroking his hair. That was the first step for him to get rid of everything he knew on the earth, except that Frenchman. He kept himself not to cry, because he had a thought that he could make the Frenchman's soul worried maybe. He had no idea if Francis would be okay or not, even though the nurse said the opposite. He faced similar events in the past, that was the reason actually...

He believed when a person falls into a coma, or at least a critical health situation like that, that person's sould can wander around, far away from his or her body. A fairy told him this once before.

He pulled a little box from his pocket and took a cigarette from it. He put it between his lips, lit it and breathed the smoke into his lungs deeply. He was pleased with the smoke around him, which was moving slowly.

He wanted the watch the starts in the sky, but he couldn't since the lights of the city didn't allow him to see them. So he just hated the situation, soured and inhaled the smoke again, he seemed annoyed a bit. He scratched his hair then and watched the new smoke he created.

I just don't know... He's not really my friend...But....

~Flashback~

It was a usual evening time...

"Hey, frog! What are you doing exactly??? Let me go!"said Arthur, almost yelling, trying to pull his arm back from Francis' hand. Francis seemed tugging him somewhere, and he also seemed pretty happy. Maybe because he was pleased with Arthur's angry expression. Or maybe he was just happy to be with him.

"Ohohon, Angleterre, you're so stubborn..." chuckled the Frenchman as he kept walking. The Englishman seemed really annoyed with the situation, but on the other hand Francis was opposite of him.

"Bloody hell, why are you taking me to??! Not another bad joke of yours, right? If it is, I'm going to kill you with my bare hands!"

"Mon ami, do I really look that evil?"asked Francis with a carefree smile.

Arthur didn't give an answer for a while, then he rolled his eyes and sighed, "Yes, you do!" said he.

"You're so cruel~."

"So do you! Now let me go!"

"Non~. We're almost there~."

"Francis..." grumbled Arthur. And escaped from the Frenchman's hand with one move, angerly. "CAN'T YOU JUST LET ME GO ALREADY???!!!"

Francis' smile fell suddenly after he saw Arthur's reaction, but he didn't open his mouth, he couldn't of course due to his shock.

"It's really freaking me out that you don't tell what you are taking me to..."grumbled he.

Francis' heart went cold at that moment, as if he was really a bad person... He could guess the hesitation of the Englishman...

He thinks that I'm going to do something bad to him... Like... Ra...

He closed his eyes, turned his back and looked around to find somewhere to go to. Actually, he just wanted to escape. He apologized with a whispering voice and left there with rapid steps. Arthur watched him frowningly while he was leaving.

After Arthur came back his home, he felt tired and threw his jacket away as he entered to the bedroom. He sat on his bed and sighed.

"Seriously that frog..." murmured he frowningly.

As he was going to lean his head on his fluffy pillow, he heard that the door was knocking. He jumped with the voice. He got nervous because of the reason which he couldn't predict properly. He combed his hair with his fingers and went to downstairs. He opened the door, expecting someone. However, there was nothing but a little box on the ground, right in front of his door. It seemed like a gift box. He examined it and saw a little note on it which began with "Dear Arthur". He took it, hesitating, and closed the door again.

He leaded to the living room and sat on a couch, putting the box on the coffee table in front of him and waited in silence for a while, looking at it. What could there be in that box which seemed so innocent and silent? There was no possibility to know without opening it. His curiosity was forcing him to open it. Before doing it, he finally grabbed the little note on it and read it...

"Dear Arthur,
I hope you like my present for you.
Happy Birthday.
-Francis"

Birthday? He immediately unlocked his smartphone's screenlock and checked the calender. It was really his birthday actually, and he forgot about it. He seemed surprised and blushed a bit.

He couldn't stop opening the box then. After a while, he managed opening it and there was really a gift for him... His eyes filled with tears as he saw the gift... Not because of the greatness of the gift... He was crying only because of being remembered by someone he blamed with something terrible...

He just looked at the gift in front of him behind his blurry vision.

"Cooking with Magical Methods"...

~The End Of The Flashback~

He inhaled his cigarette for the last time, and opened the little box again to take another one... But he saw that there left nothing... He frowned and threw the box away as the sky started getting brighter and his sleepless eyes met with the weak sunlight again...

_______________________________

So I've never left here! I just couldn't write because of the exhaustion which school caused. (Ihateyouschool) Anyways, sometimes I tried to write something when I was at school, but not too much. It's already been two weeks since the school began again. I'm going to write better in the future of course. Since I'm going to enter the university exam on language, I have to reach at least C1 English. Well, I still have two years before the exam, I don't have to panic yet. I just hope attending linguistics in The University Of Hacettepe in Ankara....

Bye for now :>