Chapter 16

(A/N: Thank you for all of the reads, comments, and votes... This chapter is going to be mostly 3rd person POV, so unless it's noted, that's what it is. Thanks!!)

Emma receives a text on her phone and she looks at it and sighs. Scott asks, "What is it?"

Emma looks at Scott and says, "It's a text from Olivia; she needs to get into the house and didn't want to text Kirstie or you. She's waiting outside, I'm going to go with her to the house and pack all of her stuff with her. She doesn't really need to be in the house alone anyway."

Scott sighs and says, "Do you want me to go with you? You should not have to deal with Olivia on your own."

"It's alright, I need to talk to her anyway, I have a couple of things that I would like to say to her," Emma said. She looked at her phone and texted Olivia back saying that she would be right out. She leaned over to Kirstie and told her as well and Kirstie said, "What, no, don't go. I'll come with you."

"No, it's fine. I know her and I brought her here to your summer vacation home and I should be the one to send her officially on her way once again, this is twice now, correct." Emma says with a small laugh.

"You are in a good mood," Kirstie says.

Emma just smiled and said her goodbyes and headed out of the club. The group stayed in the karaoke club and sang some more songs to the delight of everyone.

Olivia was waiting outside the main door and was relieved to see Emma, but now, she just felt that everything was rushing back, and she knew that Emma knew everything by now. Emma walked up to her and said, "Let's go, I want to get this over with as soon as possible."

They got a cab pretty quickly and got in. The cab ride was complete silence and there was an awkwardness there that used not to be. They did used to be best friends, but not anymore, if it was up to Emma. She was pissed off about everything that Olivia did and she was planning on telling her once they got to the house. They arrived at the beach house and the two girls walked slowly up the walkway and headed inside. As they walked back to the guest room, Olivia started putting all of her stuff onto the bed so that she could pack it all up. Emma went to her bag and grabbed her journal and sat on the bed with it in her hands and waiting for Olivia to look at her and said, "I know you read this."

Olivia turned bright red and tried to say, "I'm sor-".

Emma shook her head and said, "No, that's not going to work this time. I'm over your apologies and I'm over you. You lied to me, hurt me, and tried to ruin the start of a relationship with someone I really like. Who does that? Who treats someone like that? You are just a mean girl. I want to know why. That's all I want to hear from you, I don't care about your sorry."

Olivia stood back and was a little caught off guard with Emma's unleashing of feelings, where was the sweet, nice, Emma who never said a mean thing ever. After swallowing some of her pride, she sat on the bed, and found the truth, for she knew that this was the only thing that could possibly save this friendship if she ever wanted to stay friends with Emma. She looked at Emma and said, "Em, look, here's the truth. I was jealous and I wanted the attention of Scott. I saw that he was into you and I read your journal and knew that it was just a matter of time before y'all got together. It was just a matter of one of you making the first move. I thought that if I could get Scott to notice me, he would go for me. When in reality, he never would have given me the time of day. I know you don't want to hear it, but I am truly sincerely sorry and I don't want to lose your friendship." Olivia wiped the tears that were now falling down her face and Emma thought that this was one of the first times that she saw Olivia cry. But, it didn't really change things for Emma; she was still really hurt by everything. She wanted nothing to do with Olivia.