Chapter 4

(A/N:  Thank you for reading!! Introducing some new characters and siblings to the group, I know that some do not exist, all part of the fun of fan-fiction!  Going for the multiple POV's again this chapter!!   : )  Enjoy! )

(Kristie’s POV)

I go into the kitchen to see what Avi has found and am surprised at the amount of food and drinks.  I yell back to Mitch, “You weren’t kidding.” 

I lean around Avi who is looking at the food in the fridge and I ask, “What are you going to have?”

Avi puts an arm around me.  He turns towards me and says, “I think that I am going to make us all dinner tonight.  I have a great family recipe that I can use.  I’m going to have Ester email me, but I think that I have all of the ingredients that I need.”

“Avi, wow, that’s really nice of you!” I say.

“It’s really for you, but, you know, we all have to eat.” Avi says with a small smile.

I feel all giddy inside and can’t believe that Avi likes me.  He’s actually flirting with me.  I think this is exactly what I need right now, a nice guy who genuinely cares for me.  I smile and say, “Well, I am going to go take a shower and get all this sand out of my hair.  I’m looking forward to dinner.” 

I head back into the living room as Scott and Mitch both quickly turn towards the TV as if they weren’t listening.  I lean between them and say, “It’s not nice to eavesdrop on your friend.”

Mitch says, “We weren’t trying too.  Sorry Kirst.” Mitch frowns and gives me his puppy dog eyes.  I shake my head and head down the hall towards my room.  I walk in and turn around and shut the door and lock it.  I then run and jump on my bed and scream into my pillow.  I sit up and can’t stop smiling.  I’m so happy in this moment.  I head into the bathroom and start the shower.  I wait a little bit for the shower to get warm, so I head back out and look out towards the beach.  The sun is getting lower now and I can see a couple of ships in the distance.  I head back into my bathroom to get ready for the dinner.

(Scott’s POV)

Okay, we (meaning Mitch and I) need to get ourselves together.  This is our sweet friend, Kristie, and her possibly new boyfriend.  We are acting like kids listening in on their conversation.  I look at Mitch and quietly say, “We need to back off and let this happen between them.  We shouldn’t have done that.”

Mitch looks at me and says, “I know. I feel bad.”

“Well, at least she’s not mad; I think she’s too head over heels for that.” I say with a laugh.

We go back to watching SpongeBob and hear Avi in the kitchen.  After about thirty minutes or so, I feel my phone vibrate and check it out and see that it’s my sister calling me.  I swipe my finger across the bottom to accept the call and say, “Hey Zoey.”

“Scott, I’m so sorry, I was trying to call Kirstie and she wouldn’t answer her phone.  I have to talk to her.” Zoey says almost out of breath.

“Calm down, what’s wrong?” I say as Mitch turns to me and presses Mute on the remote.

“I did something awful.  Kirstie is going to be so mad at me.” Zoey says now in a calmer voice. 

I stand up to go sit outside on the deck so that I can talk with my sister.  Zoey is about two years younger than me, but we are really close.  She and Kirstie are like sisters.  I step outside and nod to Mitch that everything is fine.  He was concerned when he could hear my sister’s voice sound panicked.