Chapter 15

(Olivia’s POV)

I call Emma over to me and share my photo with her.  “Emma, look, aren’t Scott and I so cute together?”

Emma looks at me confused and says, “What?”

“Yea, look at this photo.” I say with a smile.  I look up and see Mitch and Scott talking and now Scott is looking at me with a pissed look in his eyes. 

Emma looks at me and says, “When did you take this?”

“Tonight, at dinner, we just had to get a photo together, you know.  Don’t you think that we are cute together?  I think that I’ve been able to get to know him so well you know.  I know it’s only been a couple of days, but I feel that we are so close already,” I say.  I’m hoping that Emma will take this as a hint that Scott should be with me and not her. 

Emma looks very confused at this point and she looks at me and then at Scott and then back at me and says, “What are you talking about?”

I look at her with a look of sympathy and say, “Emma, look, I see that you like Scott, but I think that he’s really not into you that much, I mean, y’all grew up together, he sees you as a little kid still, you are just a normal girl.  I actually think that he’s into me.  I mean if he were into you, would he let me take a selfie from his lap?  He actually insisted that I sit in his lap.  I’m sorry Emma.”

Emma almost looks hurt by this comment.  I try to smile, but she turns quickly and walks back to the table with Kirstie and Avi. 

(Scott’s POV)

I look up and see Emma and Olivia talking and I see Olivia showing the photo to Emma.  I can only imagine what she is saying.  I walk up to Olivia and say, “We need to talk, now.”

Olivia looks at me with this overly sweet face and voice and says, “Sure, sweetie.”

We walk to the front lobby and I turn and face her and say, “Olivia, I need you to delete that tweet.”

“Which one?” she says.

“You know very well which one.  You had no right to do that.  You posted that to make it seem like we are together, why would you do that?” I say crossing my arms in front of me.

“I thought that we look so cute together, I thought that you would find it funny,” Olivia says.

“Am I laughing?” I say.

“No, fine, I’ll delete it,” Olivia says. 

She pulls out her phone and deletes the tweet and I look at her and say, “The photo too.”

“God, I can’t even keep the photo, I took it,” Olivia says.

“No,” I say.

She finally deletes the photo and says, “Well, maybe the next one will be better.”

(Emma’s POV)

I walk over to the table feeling my buzz leave me.  I sit down and drink some water and Kirstie looks at me and asks, “Em, what’s wrong?”

I shake my head and feel a tear fall down my face.  I quickly wipe it away.  Kirstie reaches for my arm and says, “Tell me, what happened?”

I lean into her and tell her everything that Olivia just told me.  I wipe my tears and just want to go and hide.  Kirstie sits back with a shocked look, “Seriously, I need to go talk to that girl.”

“No, K, don’t.  It’s not important anymore, I feel foolish,” I say.

“But, Emma, you aren’t foolish.  I truly believe that Scott likes you,” Kirstie says.