"I'm kidding. Of course you can come." Then she headed out of the room leaving the vampire alone.

Alison headed through her living room and into the kitchen where she started on breakfast making eggs and bacon. When she turned around to sit down and eat, Kira was already at the table with her head buried in her arms like she was still sleeping.

"You're really not a morning person, are you?" Alison raised an eyebrow as she sat down across from the vampire who answered her only with a groan which in turn made the wolf laugh. "You're going to have to get used to this."

"I'll sleep on your couch from now on." Kira answered, raising her head to glare at Alison. Her silver eyes actually looking very threatening.

"Something tells me that won't be the case." Alison laughed again before offering a fork full of eggs to the vampire who blinked before taking the bite then returning her head to her arms.

"When do you actually find out what you're going to do today?" Kira asked, muffled by her arms.

"Within an hour or so." Alison answered.

The next few minutes went by in silence, and Alison was sure that Kira had fallen back to sleep but she jumped when Alison's phone went off, slamming her knees against the bottom of the table getting Alison to look at her with a raised eyebrow and a smirk as she answered her phone.

"Sup Veronica?"

"Kira's still with you?"

"Yep."

"Bring her to the mall. I'll meet you there. She probably doesn't have clothes from this world right? She shouldn't be wearing her bracers out in the opened so let's find her a nice jacket. One with a hood to keep the sun out of her eyes." Veronica seemed like she had been thinking about all this for a while.

"Uh... Sure... You know she's my girlfriend right?" Alison asked.

"Well, she's your mate. I'm pretty sure you guys aren't technically dating yet. But you're also really dense so you're probably not thinking about the simple things. Getting her something simple like a jacket would make her feel really nice. So you should do that. We should do that."

"Are you hitting on her?"

"No, you're hitting on her. I'm your wing-man. So wake up the dead girl and let's go." Veronica laughed before hanging up on Alison who looked at her phone with confusion.

"She's weird." Kira noted, laying her face back on the table.

"Do you think she knew you could hear her?"

"No clue. She's too far away for me to read her mind." The vampire shrugged.

"I guess we should go then huh?" Alison asked, standing up and bringing her plate to the sink.

"Sure. Do you have a car?"

"I do." Alison nodded, heading out of the kitchen and back into the living room where her front door was. She grabbed a set of keys off a small hook on the wall and jingled them around. "You're not scared of my driving are you?"

"No. You've been in this world longer than I have." Kira shrugged, following behind the wolf who paused, for the first time noticing that no matter how the vampire moved, she was always completely -completely- silent. The floorboards didn't creak, her clothes didn't make noise when she moved, nothing. Her lack of breathing and heartbeat were normal though, she was a vampire. But nothing else was normal.

Kira caught her staring and shifted her weight to her left leg, seemingly nervous under Alison's gaze. "Are you okay?"

"Is there a reason you ghost around without a sound?" Alison raised an eyebrow and continued out of the house, waiting for Kira to follow after her.