Chapter Seven

The restaurant is modern, with plenty of lights and crystals. Even though I live in this city, I've never been here. My wallet is probably the biggest obstacle why I haven't been here, it looks so exclusively. We're assigned to a table upstairs. All the walls are made of glass.Kind of awesome indeed. We get a table where we can look out from the glass wall over the center of the city. We can see all the people who are still out shopping. We sit down and check through the menus. 

- "Take what ever you want, it's on me?" he says and closes the menu. Wait? Really?

- "You already know what you are going to eat" I ask, and put down the menu on the table.

-"Yes, fillet of beef and raw roasted root vegetables, it's what they are most famous for this place according to the google reviews of course." he says, trying to get the waiter to come over here. He is a Control freak? 

- "Well, then, I take that too" I say, smiling.  Nicholas manages to get the waiter to our table and tells what we are going to order, the waiter then looks at me "What do you want to drink?" he asks, my eyes get big as question marks.

- "We gladly take a bottle of white wine" says Nicholas. The waiter takes the menus and go. "I hope you like white wine." he says, looking at me. I nod and smile. He has his fingers under his chin as he thinks of something, I wonder if he's nervous about this, I am. I can't help but to move my fingers. I'm really nervous. Nicholas looks at me. And just when I'm going to say something we get the wine that Nicholas ordered. I take a sip, it's perhaps alcohol I need to be able to talk to this british sex god. But huh? It will never work in the long run. When I taste the cold wine, I close my eyes, this is good, really good. Nicholas takes a sip and sets away the glass on our table. 

-  "Are you feeling better?" Says Nicholas. I'm looking down on the floor, I make myself prepare to look at him, otherwise I start to stutter.

- "Yes, much better, thank you. How are you? " I ask, smiling, and this time, I see how he smiles. He wasn't prepared that I would ask him. 

- "Very good." He says. Why is he so brief? Maybe I should take another sip and I reach for the glass and I take a sip. "Did you like the wine?" He asks me. He puts his chin lightly on his hand. He gives me a quite speculative look. Oh, I don't want to seem as if I'm a big fan of alcohol or a wine expert for that matter. "Do you drink often?" He asks and then immediately he corrects himself, and gets a little more formal. The businessman hasen't left..

- "Yes, sometimes with my  friends" I reply. He first look out from the huge glass wall and then at me.

- "The girl that was a little rude, is she your friend?" He asks and  gazes at me.

- "Yes, We were in the same class in high school, but she is now studying economics and I law. But we've been friends for a long time now." I say. "Have you any friends?" I ask. Oh fuck, it sounds like I have a conversation with a child. And of course he has friends, why shouldn't he have? I mean, he must be in some of kind of upper society circles.

- "Friends isn't my thing" he answer. Now, he is so formal and boring, the businessman is there again.

- "What do you mean?" I asked, taking a sip out of the wine.

- "My choice of this lifestyle means that I can't trust anybody. I'm a very private person" he answers. It's something he doesn't want to tell. Oh, I can tell that he really is a private person, why can't he be open about things, I mean being adopted, it's nothing to feel bad for, why even? 

- "Have you no one like to hang out with?  "I continue. I need to know.

- "Well, it would be with my family then. Gabriella, I'm one of the world's most successful entrepreneurs, those friends you're talking about would take advantage of me. I have my family, that's enough " he answers, it's as if I should understand. I don't understand. I can't understand this. Just at that moment our food comes to our table. It's looking so good. I take a bite out of the fillet of beef, it is tender and the vegetables are just perfect. Oh, I'm just enjoying this. Nicholas was right about this. It was good.