Chapter 12: Things We Should Not See

"Happy Birthday to you~! Happy Birthday to you~! Happy Birthday dear-"
"SIMON~!"
"DUMB ASS~!"
Everyone turned to glare at Tori before continuing the song.
"Happy Birthday to you~~~!"
Simon blew out the candles and everybody in the restaraunt cheered.
"Holy crap, bro. Your getting old!" Derek mock punched Simon on the shoulder. Simon sat up straighter.
"Still not old enough to go to a strip club." Mr. Bae gave Simon a look and Simon slouched crossing his arms over his chest and pouting.
Everyone giggled at this. Aunt Lauren pulled the candles out of the cake and let Simon lick the icing off the bottom of them.
Mr. Bae bought a large carrot cake with vanilla frosting and somehow managed to sneak it out to the car before we left.
Probably used magic. After we'd eaten dinner, he went out to the car and brought it in. I know for a fact he'd used magic because not even Derek knew about it.

Later that evening when we got home, Derek nodded behind me and all of a sudden I couldn't see anything.
"Sorry, Chloe. Derek's got a surprise for you, so no peeking." Simon said while tying a blindfold on me.
"Ow, your pulling my hair!" I complained.
"Sorry, sorry." Simon appologized, "Alright, shes good to go, bro."
I felt large, strong hands take mine. Derek. He led me upstairs, all the while telling me to watch my step. Yeah, okay, I'll get right on that.
"Okay... just a few more steps... alright." I heard a door open. A few more steps. Then a door close. Derek removed my blindfold.

I opened my eyes to a bright room. I had to blink a few times for my eyes to adjust to the sudden brightness.
It was a bedroom... for babies. A nursery. The walls were a lemon yellow, and dead ahead of me were two cribs. Mickey Mouse blankets and pillows layed inside.
On the wall above the cribs was a giant painted sleeping wolf and a goddess? No, an angel, watching over the wolf. On the wall to my right was a changing table. On the wall to my left were shelves with stuffed animals on them, and on the floor was a play area with a fuzzy red rug in the shape of a circle.
There was also a little toy box and a white dresser with little wolves painted on it.
"What-" I began, but Derek stopped me.
"Simon helped. He did all the painting, but it was my idea." He said.
"Wait a minute this stuff... I saw some of this at the mall when I went with Tori." I gave him a questioning look. He shrugged.
"I asked Tori want kind of baby stuff you guys looked at. Then on one of the days Lauren gave you your check ups, she dragged me to the mall to buy it." He shook his head, "How you deal with her... I'll never know."
I smiled and hugged him, "Thank you. It's wonderful."
Derek hugged me back, "Your welcome. But theres more."
I looked up at him confused. More? What else could there be?

Derek took my hand and led me to the window, he opened the window to reveal the backyard. I noticed it right away. In the closest tree was a tree house.
"Dad helped us build it. Your aunt kept screaming at us to be careful." He smirked, "When they get older, they can play in it."
I couldn't say anything, it was all just too amazing. The tree house had a ladder built into the trunk and there was even a slide coming down from it.
"Chloe?" Derek's voice was unsure.
I reached up and grabbed the neck line of his t-shit, then pulled him down and kissed him with as much passion as a wild cat attacking it's prey.
At first he didn't react and then his lips were moving with mine. When I pulled away, I gave him a gental peck on the cheek.
"I love it. I love it all. Thank you." I wraped my arms around his back and leaned in to hug him again. He easily wraped his strong arms around me and hugged me to his chest.

"So... Do you wanna go check it out?" He asked.
I grinned, "Heck yes!"
Derek ran for the door, "First one to the tree wins!"
I ran after him, "That's cheating!" I couldn't run as fast as I usually would do to obvious reasons, but I tried anyway.
He ran for the stairs but I had a better idea. While he was taking the steps, I took the railing. Sliding down and bending my knees for landing.
Aunt Lauren was just coming inside and when she saw us, she held the door open wide.
Let's just say hes a cheater. A big one. What ever happened to the saying "Cheaters never prosper", or whatever?
"What kind of example is that? Are you going to teach our kids that cheating is a good thing?" I asked, my hands on my hips.
He shook his head, "Nope. Only when racing against their mother."
"Hey! Jerk!" I scowled. Derek laughed and then began climbing up the trunk ladder.
When he was at the top he called down to me, "Common up, MOMMY!"
I glared, "Your gonna have to help me when I get closer to the top, DADDY!"
We grinned at each other before I started climbing. When I got near the top, Derek hoisted me up.
We sat in the tree house and look out into the backyard forest.
"Were gonna have to put up a fense, so they don't run off." I mentioned.
"I'll talk to dad about it, but he probably already considered it." Derek mused. I walked over to the window facing the house. Derek joined me.

We were looking over the house when I noticed Simon's window was opened. We could clearly see Simon's superhero posters on his walls.
Then Simon entered his room. Oh, this is gonna be entertaining. What Simon does in his room when he thinks nobody is around.
Simon turned on his t.v. and then sat on his bed and waited for a movie he had paused to play.
He started to unzip his pants and-"What the hell is he doing?" My eyes widdened when I realized what he was going to do.
The movie opened up from where it left off. Two girls making out while a vibrator sat waiting on the bed.
"SIMON!" Derek yelled. Simon looked over and his jaw dropped when he saw us. He quickly ziped up his pants and stopped the porno.
His face was beat red, and he ran over and closed his curtains.
"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" I kept repeating.
Derek facepalmed, "That idiot."
"He was gonna masterbate!" I stared at Derek with wide eyes.
"Common, we should go-"
"He was gonna masterbate!" I interupted him by repeating myself.
Derek sighed, "Alright, common. We'll talk about this in your room."
Derek started walking backwards down the ladder, and I took the slide.
"I can't believe Simon masterbates!" I exclaimed, while we walked back towards the house.
"All guys masterbate, Chloe." Derek rolled his eyes.
"Do you?" I asked.
Derek adverted his eyes, "Like I said. We'll talk about this in your room."
Oh... My... God. Derek masterbates too?