Chapter 2

"Live at the press conference is Lucy Roberts with all the scoop. Lucy?"

The camera went into focus as Lucy was prepared to speak.

"Yes Dana, I'm here at the park with the two heads of the Rivers' Foundation, Carla and Daniel Rivers. The couple plans on helping the city in time of need." She said.

The young woman was at the podium, speaking in front of lots of people. The camera was placed on her immediately.

"It's so messed up that people aren't working to pay bills because some guy wants to tear everything up," Carla spoke. She glanced over at her husband, "he thinks this is his playground? Well guess what? We're gonna make sure this city is bigger and better. I sincerely promise that every employee and business owner will be back to work within at least a month long period."

She received applause as she kept going on.

"My daughter has made it very clear that she wants this just as much was we do," Carla continued, "unfortunately she couldn't make it today, but just know she'll be doing anything she can to help everybody."

Televisions played the event live. People walking by on the streets could see it. People at home could view it. And while that wasn't playing, the other biggest gossip spread was taking over the news. Carla's partner stepped up beside her to say a few words.

"The Power Rangers have done their part in protecting us all. The damage, while not purposefully caused by them, must not remain. Trust us, we'll do our best to help you all." Daniel continued.

A journalist stood up to speak.

"So, how do you plan on starting to contribute into fixing what has happened here?" He asked.

"By having our employees tend to those who have been victimized by the enemy and order the supplies we need to make it better. We'll start immediately after this conference is over." Daniel answered.

"You said it'll take a month long period. I don't see how you can work that fast to help those who've lost their jobs. Took a while just to fix the city once when the alien army attacked." The same journalist noted.

"And we're aware of that. Our system is spot on. We've worked under these kinds of conditions before. The Foundation does more than take care of innocent creatures. In fact, I've already called a construction team, contractors, and city officials. They should arrive within the next two hours." Daniel retorted confidently.

The applause came back around as the journalist joined in on that. The couple smiled. Panning to the news reporter, she turned to face the camera.

"Well you heard it live. Seems like the River's Foundation assistance is in full swing. We'll make sure to keep you updated on the progress. I'm Lucy Roberts, signing off." Lucy finished.

The broadcast had people in glee. All except for one. He watched the news and had his eyes wider than they were before. Luckily they didn't pop out of his head but, it was still a big concern for him.

"The whole family? Crap," he whispered to himself. One of his abilities happened to be invisibility as well, which worked in his favor since he's already on the news. He turned away from the television, "I can't find what I'm looking for if they're..."

He paused to think. Savannah was the one person who...we'll say was difficult to just simply get rid of. If these Rangers are on her side, it is just as challenging, even if they are the rookies in this war. Now, gaining the information he did from his soldier in his home world was valuable. How his plan would go would be deadly, but satisfying for him. Although also being aware of their legacy, it was still new to him. New is dangerous, and with it, can end this era.