Memories

You sit on the edge of Taehyung's bed, smiling as you watch him sleep peacefully. A minute ago you'd been talking about his memories, both excited and anxious for their return. You'd noticed his gradually slowing blinks and fading attention. Then, his eyes closed completely and he began to emit soft snoring sounds.

The doctor hadn't been too happy when he found out that you'd told Tae about his past and showed him to the boys; he'd asked for Tae to remain in his room. You're relieved you're able to stay with him, as the look on the doctor's face suggests that you've caused enough trouble already.

You find yourself yawning and realise that you haven't slept properly in a while. Carefully, you slide along the side of the bed and lay down next to Tae. Like he senses you, he shifts and wraps an arm around your shoulder. You smile and snuggle closer to him, relaxing into your favourite scent of autumn and allspice. Slowly, your eyes begin to close and you drift off to sleep.

"The new formula is ready sir." A cold, female voice cuts through your mind.

"Give it to that one." You recognise that voice, Chonghyun.

Suddenly, you're in a large room with equipment and people running around in lab coats. You look down to find yourself strapped to a chair. You look to your side and find six members of Bangtan similarly bound. They look younger, a lot younger, and tired and sweaty and in pain. When you look up you're faced with Chonghyun who's pointing at you.

"Don't touch him!" You hear Hobi shout and struggle against his bonds. 

A man walks towards you with a syringe. Suddenly, you're own body is writhing, trying to escape. You aren't controlling your movements and a glance at your hands makes you notice that they aren't yours. Then, you realise which member of Bangtan is missing. You're seeing everything through Tae's eyes; they're young because it's from the past. You're seeing his memories.

A sharp pain erupts from your bicep and immediately your skin feels like it's on fire. It doesn't take long for your mind to start burning as well. The pain is immense and although Taehyung's body is shaking your inability to react freely is overwhelming. Through blurry eyes you watch Chonghyun converse with a team of people.

"And you're certain this formula will give me control over him?" Chonghyun asks, more of an order than a question.

"We've altered it to target the the mind as well instead of just the body." 

The pain in your mind grows, sharp knife-like and cutting into your brain. You're screaming, but it's Tae's voice and hearing him scream like that breaks you more than any pain.

"Taehyung!" One of the members call out but you can't tell who it is.

Before you know it, Tae blacks out.

You wake up with a start and sit up. Tae stirs beside you and slowly opens his eyes. His brows are creased in a frown and his worried eyes find yours.

"You remember." You say breathlessly.

"What was that?" He asks.

"One of your memories. You managed to link your mind to mine somehow. Your powers were accidental. You were supposed to be controlled but it didn't work. No wonder you can't remember anything, this whole time your memories have been linked to your powers. Now that they're gone..." Tae looks at you in shock, trying to understand everything you say.

"So how can my memories be coming back?" 

You shake your head. "I have no idea. The only way they could be is if you still had some of your powers."

"Maybe I do." Tae says. "If I was able to link our minds, then perhaps some of my power is still inside of me. Surely not all of my power could have been shut off after being in my body for that long?"

You nod, agreeing with him.

"It might apply to the others as well." You say and Tae smiles.

"I'll finally be able to remember them." He says and sounds genuinely happy.

You return the grin and laugh when he grabs your hands and moves them about like an excited child.

A/N:
Sorry it's a short chapter and once again not the most interesting. I have some good news though. I'm close to releasing the first few chapters of my new Jimin AU. Introducing... 

I'm super excited to release this and I hope you guys are as well

I'm super excited to release this and I hope you guys are as well. I've noticed that I'm not very good at writing  X Reader fanfics as I tend to make the reader into my own character so this fanfiction will be Jimin X Character. If you guys want more X Reader stories then I am happy to write some more in the future.
'Dangerous Moves' is going to be better written and the structure is going to make a lot more sense. It's also going to have a proper plot instead of this one which is absolutely littered with plot holes that honestly make me cringe a little.
However, Tae is my bias so I am also planning another Taehyung fanfiction but that won't be released for a long time.
Sorry for the extra long note and I thank you all for continuing to support this fanfic. Tell me what you think of this chapter. Thank you for reading! x