Seeing Gray

Summary:

| a true story about a boy who hides his pain behind his smile and a girl determined to see it|

Taylor Ming is trying to cope with the aftermath of her twin brother's suicide, and her depressed mother and avoidant father aren't really helping. With one of her friends' self-harming while another deals with a chronically ill boyfriend, being diagnosed with Diabetes and forced to use insulin thrice a day is Taylor's worst nightmare.

When she catches the school's golden boy Shane Gray popping pills in a bathroom, then, Taylor is sure she's in a living hell. Is he depressed? Is he using drugs? She's afraid of losing more people and strikes a deal with Shane. He'll tell her if he ever has the urge to hurt himself and she'll keep his secret.

What neither of them knows, however, is that he's already hurting himself without knowing it. And Shane's life is falling apart quicker than Taylor's.

Because life isn't black and white and, sometimes, seeing gray can make all the difference.

Warning:

The story talks about suicide, self-harm, drug use, and mental health problems which may be triggering for some readers.

Foreword:

Thank you so much for dropping by. If you've read the other stories in this series, you'll probably know that this is going to be a true story based on one of my patients/clients'. I work as a clinical psychologist and youth criminologist in a public health setting on volunteer basis and people can come to me for professional services for free. Although it sounds like an exciting job, it's a huge responsibility because some of the people who come to see me aren't looking for advice and rather help and sometimes a savior. My motivation for writing these stories (Knowing Xavier, Curing Kyle, Mending Falls, Seeing Gray, and Discovering Jesse a.k.a. Of Pain and Pleasure) is to help people going through similar situations before they feel the need for a therapist.

Some questions I'm frequently asked include 1) is this ethical? 2) how true are the stories? 3) how often I'll update? 4) what is wrong with me?

Answers to these are 1) it's ethical because firstly I've changed the names and places and their anonymity is ensured and secondly because I have asked the consent of these people and they are aware and agree for me to write their story as long as their names and contact is not mentioned; 2) the stories are true if I say they're true and if I fictionalize something, I always mention it at the end of the story; 3) I try to update several times a week but once a week for sure; 4) I'm probably crazy but then again, aren't we all?

Thank you again for giving this story a chance. If you want to wait till this is complete, you can check out one of my already completed stories to get a flavor of my writing. I've been told my style is unique and doesn't adhere to Wattpad Teen Fiction standards. I also don't write chichés although you might find me sometimes veering into dark waters if the story requires.

Feedback and comments are more than welcome. Feel free to point out my bazillion typos because, yes, I'll have them. Hate, however, is not welcome. Remember, kindness breeds kindness and I love kind people <3

Happy reading!

Daisy