A Petal To Remember // Flowers from Her Garden AU (Adrienette) (Kinda Angst)

Adrien was on his usual route, one etched with everything he does

His eyes diverted to the collection of small flowers, his mother's favorite peering out from across the street. The problem was that it was private garden, just off the side of a small house painted with pleasing colors. But, he had been doing it ever since the first day he had spotted the garden, and the owner had yet to appear. Plus, the florist was across town and the cemetery was just down this road.

He sighed deeply, slowly trailing out of the car to the patch. Whoever this was, he thought, they need to teach me how to garden. The petals were bright, the pigments almost sparkling as the sun shined against them, that he swore it wasn't real. But, here it was, able to be touched.

His fingers hastily grabbed a few, his eyes darting around him. He didn't know what the gardener looked like, and assumed it was old lady with no one but cats. Which was probably a stereotype, but that's what you assumed when you looked at these magnificently planted blooms. He smiled, his fingers brushing against the petals to grab one more. But, as fate would have it, he was stopped in his tracks.

"Hey!" a light voice echoed through the warm summer air, "What are you doing?!"

His body spun around, to confront the voice, and that was when he was met with possibly the most beautiful blue eyes he'd ever seen. You could say, he was a little stunned.

Adrien paused, that's not a old lady with only cats

He watched as she stopped, stunned, for a moment. After a few seconds, her eyes glanced at the flowers hanging loosely in his right hand and her face contorted into frustration once more, "Those are my flowers." Adrien shuffled lightly, "Well, they... are... really beautiful." She raised an eyebrow, as she gently crossed her arms, "T-Thank you, but you can't just steal them."

His green eyes glanced at the loose bouquet, the colors sticking out in his memory, "I know, and I'm sorry. It's just..." Her blue eyes waited expectantly, as he struggled to utter the words that would wrap this case into a neat bow. Yet, he couldn't just tell a random girl about his dead mother, could he.