Burned Out || Angst (Ladynoir)

A/NANOTHER DODIE MASTERPIECE. This is going to be a little bit like a songfic, with a few spare lines of the song. However it's just there to fit this idea.

- - - - - - -

Marinette inhaled, her voice shaky, as her hands began to be clammy.

She could do this.

She stared at the blond model, her hands shaking ever-so-slightly and her face contorting into that of an uncomfortable expression. Alya whispered, "You know, if you're really that nervous, Mar-" Marinette burst, "I can't wait, Alya, not anymore." Alya frowned, "Alright, I'm right behind you, okay?"

Alya added a soft hand on her shoulder, whispering, "If he doesn't... He's missing out, alright?" Marinette faltered, "Maybe." Alya sighed, before carefully taking the steps toward the source of her nervousness, his hair shining brighter with every step and her legs unable to walk as they grew closer. Maybe this wasn't a good idea.

But, as she stared at his laughing grin with Nino, she felt her determination rise underneath her skin. She thought about all the times she had stared at Adrien and he hadn't ever noticed, she thought all the times another girl had effortlessly swept him away and she had been left behind, she thought about all the times he had been so innocent, so blissfully oblivious, and how much it hurt her in the end.

She had to do this.

Her heartbeat was eratic, speeding up with every movement towards him, but deep down, she summoned the Ladybug within. The courageous side of her currently nervous self was necessary in front of Adrien. That's how she got sentences out around the fame-ridden boy she had loved so strongly.
What would happen with this?

She shook the feeling off, as Alya threw Nino a look and his eyes glanced at her just for a few spare seconds before travelling back to Alya. Nino's eyes widened, as he smiled nervously at Adrien and pointed behind him. She had readied herself for his face during it all, his friendly shining eyes and sweet small smile. But her posters were nothing compared to the real thing.

He had turned so quickly and the ways his eyes were so bright and his hair just a tad bit messy, made Marinette weak in the knees. Her breath hollowed in her lungs, as she worriedly glanced at Alya, who sent a reassuring smile in return. She swallowed down her nerves, slowly approaching Adrien as Alya grasped Nino's wrist and dragged him to a farther location of the courtyard. It was just her and him.

"Well," Adrien chuckled, "-that was weird, huh?" His laughter dulled as he glanced at her face, and it fell into that of concern, "Marinette, everything alright?" She glanced at the ground, "They did that for me, Adrien, and I-I've got to tell you something." His eyebrows furrowed, as she lightly questioned, "Can we go somewhere more private?"

Her eyes scanned over the crowds of people, Chloe's face peering out of the crowd, as Adrien slowly nodded. With slight hesistation, she tentatively held his wrist, dragging them off into the school. She didn't know where she was going, but she had eventually brought them to Ms. Bustier's class, where she had seemed to have disappeared. Marinette paused, lightly taking her hand off his wrist, and messing with her purse nervously. Adrien stared at her with a confused glance, "Marinette?"

She swallowed, "Just give me a minute. Just a minute, that's all I need." Adrien inhaled, his eyes flashing with concern, "O-Okay." The silence that enveloped them was rigid, Marinette's nerves slipping into the air, almost tainting the feeling the conversation before it was even spoken.