Would You Be So Kind || Songfic (Adrienette)

Marinette's POV Entirely

"I have a question
It might seem strange
How are your lungs?
Are they in pain?
'Cause mine are aching
Think I know why
I kinda like it though
You wanna try?"

Marinette stared at her hands, her eyes blinking as the familiar face flew in front of hers.

He was laughing at something Nino said, and her heart was beating so fast, her hands so clammy.

His eyes twinkled, the warmest of smiles slipping into his lips.
God, he looked so purely happy.

She felt her heart race underneath her skin, her face flushing a bright red. Marinette tried to get her eyes to pull away from the young model, but he was just so happy.

She inhaled, her hand fluttering over her chest. Feeling her heartbeat underneath her fingertips, she soothed her mind.

That was until her eyes were met with those bright green eyes she was just thinking of, widened and warm.

Adrien stared at her, a concerned glance spread over his face.

Marinette felt herself catch her breath, her lungs hollowing out. He didn't look away, and neither did she.

Her cheeks blazed red, as she slapped on a nervous smile and turned away, towards Alya.

"Girl?" Alya whispered, as Marinette glanced at her best friend, "Yeah, Al-"

Alya shushed me, "Don't look now, but Adrien is looking at you." She inhaled, her face darkened to another shade of red, "Why did you tell me?!"

Alya snickered, "I should've known."

Marinette watched as Alya looked over her shoulder, "What? What do you see?" Alya laughed, "Calm down, Marinette! I'm trying to get some words out of Nino, but Adrien's body language tells me the whole story."

Marinette clasped together her hands, her face still retaining the constant blush. As her throat closed lightly, her lungs aching ever-so-lightly.

She smiled to herself, playing with her fingertips and glancing up at the familiar boy.

He grinned brightly, his hand raising to a wave, a friendly wave.

With a sigh, she waved back.

Why couldn't he feel the pain in his lungs?
Or the clammy hands?
Or the fast heartbeats?

Maybe, he just wasn't meant too.

"Oh would you be so kind, as to fall in love with me?
You see, I'm trying.
I know you know that I like you, but that's not enough.
So if you will, please fall in love.
I think it's only fair.
There's gotta be some butterflies somewhere. Wanna share?
'Cause I like you, but that's not enough.
So if you will, please fall in love with me."

Marinette doodled in her notebook, her fingers nimble against the pencil.

The name familiar to her hand, she rewrote it over and over. 'Adrien Agreste'. She sighed, her head filling with the blond boy.

Why couldn't he just fall in love with me?

She shook her head, closing her eyes for a brief second.