The Visit

Assuntina's father sprang from his seat. "Guards," he shouted. Men armed with spears sprang forward, surrounding the nymph, their weapons all pointed at him.
    He raised both hands, showing that he was unarmed. "I mean you no harm."
    "How did you get here," the prince demanded.
    "I flew?" the nymph said, raising an eyebrow. Assuntina might have laughed.
    Her father did not relax. "Why would a nymph wish to speak with a Prince of men?"
    "Your city is in danger," the nymph said. "Your people are in danger."
    The Prince narrowed his eyes. "Was that a threat?"
    "A warning," the nymph said. He still did not seem fazed by the number of spears surrounding him. "Titans march upon the mountain."
    The crowd began to titter, its spell breaking. The prince scoffed. "Titans are the stuff of children's tales."
    "So am I. The Titans are angry with us nymphs for trapping them under the ground, and they are breaking out even now. Have you not felt the ground shaking? The Twelve of Alyppia have elected to sealing the mountain, caging themselves in. They plan to leave Kalterra at the Titan's mercy."
    Assuntina could see her father's knuckles whiten, even in the crowd where she stood. "And if we flee?" he demanded. "Evacuate the city?"
    "Then they will ravage another."
    The prince regarded him coldly. "And why would you tell me this, Vivalius of Alyppia?"
    The nymph, Vivalius, raised a snowy eyebrow. "Is it not clear? I wish to help you."
    "Why?" the prince taunted. "Why does a nymph wish to help men? Your kind despise us. You are murderers."
    Vivalius shrugged. "One can never be sure," he said. "There are some on the mountain who say the same of you."
    The prince frowned. He seemed to be out of responses.
    "Think it over, Prince. I have friends on Alyppia who will help you if you let them." The nymph turned to leave. "I will return in a week's time for your answer. Consider it."
    The nymph walked across the room to the door. The crows parted before him, and he paid them no heed, until he made it to the middle of the room and frowned. He turned straight at Assuntina, standing at the edge of the crowd in her long red dress, and said to her, "You know Arista."
    You know Arista. A statement, not a question.
    Assuntina swallowed. The nymph's gaze was too intent: feathery white eyebrows, eyes so green they hardly seemed real. How did he know Arista? And how did he know she did?
    There was nothing to do but nod. "How could you know that?" she asked, conscious of the ears and eyes of the nobles around her.
    "I can smell her on you. Faint, but there. You've seen her recently."
    That was unsettling. Assuntina wondered what else he might have been able to smell on her, but shoved that out of her mind. She nodded again, not sure what else she could say.
    "How is she? Has her eye healed?"
    "I... she... It... seemed fine last I saw her."
    The nymph smiled slightly. "Good," he said. "Tell her I say hello next you see her."
    With that, the nymph strode away. Once he reached the door, he shrank back into a bird, one much smaller than an eagle, and flew away.
    Leaving chaos behind him.

Halloo!
Viv is one of my favorite characters, and it's great being able to write him some more. I hope you like him as much as I do.
Make sure to vote and comment if you're having fun! (Yes I know that's redundant and annoying but I just don't know wether y'all are having fun or not, dammit)
~Amanda