XXIV - "Ready."

Začít od začátku

"Okay, okay!" he smiled. "So at home, then?"

"Yes, please. I have to help Kris with dinner. Ian is coming over. Wanna join?"

"Nah, have to get ready for the fat ass meeting." he replied. "It's sad, y'know? Kris cooks great."

"Yes." I nodded. "She was gonna make a chocolate cake."

"You had to tell me that." he looked at me with a angry face. "Like, you really had to."

"Sorry, bro. More for me then." I gave him a goofy smile and he made a crying face.

"You're bad."

"Thank you!" I pecked his cheek while he pulled over.

"Goodbye kiss and panda hugs!" I yelled and opened my arms.

"Mega panda hug!" he yelled back and hugged me tight before giving me a quick kiss."

"I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too. Have fun!" I kissed him again before getting out of the car.

We both waved each other and I watched him drive away.

"Ian! You're early!" I smiled as I saw him standing in the kitchen while Kris was searching for who knows what.

He smiled back and gave me a small hug.

"Had nothing to do." he shrugged and looked around.

I nodded and put my coat on a seat.

"Where's Mick?"

"The bitch forgot the chocolate and the syrup." Kris replied. "He went to get 'em."

"And Ann?"

"Sleeping. She's kinda sick. Got the flu."

"Oh. Such a shame. She's gonna miss the cake. Hide a piece from Mickey. Maybe she'd like some sweet."

"Whatcha hiding from me?" Mickey yelled coming in the kitchen with a bag in his hands, his eyes fixing on Ian.

"Hey, early guy."

"Hey, chocolate cake freak." Ian greeted back.

Mickey cocked a brow and turned his attention to the table.

"Bought the stuff. Make that cake already."

"I will, shithead." Kris rolled her eyes. "Fuck off now."

Instead he sat on a seat and unpacked the bag taking out the ingredients.

"Don't you dare touching the chocolate bar." Kris threatened narrowing her eyes at him.

Ian and I laughed as Mickey set his hands in the air like a five years old kid.

"Let's get away from here before you eat us all." Ian joked and pat his shoulder.

Mickey rolled his eyes standing up and following Ian, giving Kris a death threat right after and she just smirked.

After they disappeared from view, I shuffled closer to Kris.

"Um.. Can I ask you something... Promise I won't tell anyone, but, why does Mick check the 'surroundings' when he hangs out with Ian?"

He frowned for a second but quickly shook away.

"Oh, well he doesn't like me giving after comments." she laughed tightly.

"After comments? Kris come on."

"All right." she looked around. "Promise you'll never, ever, ever talk about this again? Ever again? Just shut up and let go?" she whispered coming closer.

"Fine." I whispered back, confused.

"Well, um, I- uh... where do I start... Ian and Mickey have been friends for three years now I think. They, hanged out a lot, been through a lot of fights, ups and downs..." she spoke carefully. "They're like family to each other. But, Ian... He's.. Never mind let go." she stopped.

"Kris, go on."

She took a deep breath closing her eyes.

"He's gay."

I stood frozen for a second, somehow getting a taste of what was really happening.

"Mickey, hated him, but Ian ended up being his, um, booty call.." she spoke low, her face now paler.

"And uh, Mick isn't that kind of person who accepts, um, what he is, when, everybody considers him the gangster of the neighborhood." she said between pauses. "So Ian got hurt and walked away, everybody blaming Mickey that he was the reason that he left, y'know? Mickey felt something too, but was too selfish to accept it. Too afraid to be exact. And then he understood. He came out to me and Ann and saw that we weren't even affected by it. He thought, everybody would hate him."

I nodded and let her continue.

"So he went back, found Ian and now they have a kind of stable thing, but Mickey doesn't like people to find out, even though it's not a problem for him. He doesn't want any other haters, like his own father, who let him down for that. He beat him to almost death."

"That's horrific! The fuck? He's just gay, it's not the end of the world. These people." I shook my head.

"So, you're okay with-"

"Hell yes I am! And if someone dares to make any comment about them I'll kick his ass. End of the discussion. Jesus, love has no gender. Stupid fucking idiots." I yelled loud for us to hear.

"Don't tell Mick, please." she begged.

"I won't." I said, still angry. "But, they're okay now, right?"

"Somehow. Ian turned out bipolar and it's difficult for Mickey when he goes low like you sometimes do. But he's getting hold to it."

"That's why he knew what medicine I took!" it hit me.

She nodded and we shut up as soon as Mickey and Ian came back.

"That cake?" Mickey asked making us laugh.

"Almost ready." Kris smiled and started backing.

I looked at Ian and Mickey. The really didn't act at all like gay people. They weren't gay at all. They just happened to be like that. And that's what made me love them more.