4

(Btw the music above is what inspired this fic,give it a listen )

Tyler's POV

   I stepped outside the school with my hands in my pocket,holding the one thing that helped me to escape.
   "Now this..." blurry said loudly,startling me,"is going to be fun!"
   I watched the pavement under my feet as I walked until I looked up to see Josh standing there smiling,with his bag slung over one shoulder.
   Blurry seemed to be put off by Josh because when I saw him blurry sank into the back of my mind.
   "Hey Ty!"
   He sounded like he was happy to see me...but I knew he only pitied me,because no one could ever really love me.
  I looked up at him,
   "h-hey Jo-Josh...,"and then I added,"s-so how far is y-your ho-use from h-here...?"
   He looked into my eyes before realizing I had just asked him a question.
   "Oh! Yeah,sorry my house is about 5 minutes away,that's why the bus picks me up first."
   I weakly smiled and nodded trying to seem polite...but I knew what I was doing. I was trying to make a friend and only one of two things could possibly happen:1.)I would actually make a friend until he saw how messed up I am(if he hasn't already) and then he would leave like everyone else,or 2.)He would get attached to me somehow and I would have to hurt him by making him leave so he wouldn't be hurt any further by me.
   "You're a monster!"
   Blurry screamed out inside my mind scaring me away from reality,and causing me to jump.
   We had already started walking but Josh turned his head to me at my sudden movement.
   "Hey are you alright Tyler?"
I kept my eyes closed hoping blurry would leave quickly. But then he spoke,
   "Welcome to Hell."
   My stomach dropped and I could feel him smiling on the other side of my eyes. I hunched over holding my head in my hands still trying to drown him out.
   "So you wanna make friends,do you? I'll make you kill him and you'll be left alone!"
   I hadn't noticed I was whispering until Josh walked over to me and started rubbing my back,
   "Tyler how can I make it stop? I'm here for you,everything will be alright."
   I clenched my teeth and spoke again a bit louder this time,
   "M-make him st-op...,"
Josh was still rubbing my back,but then he turned me to face him and pulled me into a hug. I melted under his touch as blurry started fading until I could no longer feel him.
   I threw my arms around Josh,without thinking and then realized the closer I got to him,the more danger he was in. I got down off of my toes and folded my arms over my chest as the cold October wind blew across my face.
   He looked at me and raised his eyebrows as if to ask if I was alright. I slightly nodded and trailed along behind him with my eyes glued to the ground.

   We finally arrived at Josh's house as I started questioning why I was even here,and why he was talking to me in the first place.
   Then the thought popped into my mind and I remembered the large angular piece of metal that was in my hoodie pocket. I started twirling it in between my fingers still inside my pocket.
   "Hey mom,I'm back from school,I'm heading upstairs!"
   Josh called,but no one answered. Josh turned to me and said,
   "Must still be at work."
    I nodded as he lead me upstairs,Into his room which was fairly similar to mine.
   Once you opened the door there was a bed against the opposite wall,with a red comforter and the desk to the left of that had shelves hanging above it. There was a small TV in the room as well,sitting in front of his bed.
   Josh sat at the end of his bed on the floor,facing the TV and grabbed a ps3 controller from the short set of drawers on which the television was placed.
   He tried to hand me the other controller,but I simply shook my head,and sat beside him saying,
   "I p-prefer to w-watch if th-thats okay..."
   Josh nodded at me,and set the controller down beside him.
   "Yeah of course, that's okay"
   He opened a game titled The Last of Us Remastered.
   "This is my favorite game."
   Josh said pointing to the screen in front of us,that gave Josh's hair a green glow.

   I watched the game,and payed attention to the storyline,it truly was sad,but it could've very easily been made into a great movie. But I watched Josh playing the game more intently than i had watched the actual gameplay. Noticing as he teared up when the main character's daughter died...and how he tried desperately to stop the tears from flowing. I inched ever so slightly towards him,trying to comfort him,and I noticed a very slight,but very solemn smile come over his face as i did.
   He turned to me a few minutes later after pausing the game,looking at me with his once shiny eyes now dryed.
   "Hey,Tyler...what happened earlier on the way here...?"
   I looked down still twirling that piece of metal in my pocket. I decided to blame it on my everlasting migraine,
   "Oh,i-it's nothing....I just g-get these really b-bad migraines..."
   Josh looked unconvinced,but decided to let it go. He craned his head to look at the clock above his TV, 6:07.
   "I...I should probably h-head home be-fore my mom g-gets upset..."
  I said as I tried to look as though I wasn't worried but he seemed to notice something was off.
   He walked over to his bedside table and got out a folded sticky note. He wrote something down and walked over to me,offering it to me. I took the small piece of paper and looked at it,he had written his number.
   "Text me sometime okay?"
   I placed the note in my hoodie,and smiled as normally as I could.
   "T-thanks...I w-will...,"
   I said before slowly heading down the stairs,and out into the crisp,and cold October weather.

A/N
Leave your comments,suggestions,and opinions about this story below please and thank you!