"A-ah...of course." You watched Bakugo as he gazed downwards at Ochaco and Mineta as they prepared their battle. Various cries for your classmates rang out as Ochaco cracked her knuckles and smiled in determination. The area was loud and clearly more rowdy and excited than during Bakugo's fight. His jaw was sharp but tense, as if he was thinking about something that weighed in his mind. His spikey and untamed hair shadowed over his expression, making him seem dark...but out of everything about his features shouting stay away, it was his bright crimson eyes that showed his emotions so much more clearly.

Bakugo...you're lonely aren't you?

You felt a tug at your heart remembering how you felt that way sometimes too. It was really easy to act cool and as if you knew everything but in reality there wasn't much that separated you from these students.

You weren't any better than them, and in fact you felt the opposite. Many of these kids come from wealth, healthy homes, a support system...they lived a life never worrying about food, shelter, or safety. It wasn't their circumstances that made them relatable to you but their emotions reminded you of a future you could have had.

The sting of acknowledging that lingered in your chest, but your personal brand of therapy was always brushing it away and moving forward regardless of how much it hurt.

You'd be fine...but maybe a little bitter.

Katsuki took this all seriously and was ruthless with how he fought. Knowing that and seeing how Ochaco and Mineta barely scratched each other and Todoroki's reluctance to use his left side, you felt like Bakugo was the only one in this class that grasped the level of tenacity you must have when approaching a real life or death fight.

Bakugo understood...and he knew never to let up, to never turn your back, to fight until there was nothing left.

Even with the same cutthroat attitude as you, he had the potential to still be a hero...and you had to admire him for taking the hard route because it was what he felt was right.

The two of you were not so different after all...and he felt similarly when he looked in your eyes and felt the same fire of determination that grew in his own gut.

He was quiet as his curiousity grew...and he was hoping to see you shine during your own match.

~~

Time sped by quickly and before you knew it, it was time for your battle.

Tokoyami huh? Wonder what surprises I'm in for. 

"This will be interesting," you spoke to yourself. Bakugo held a grumpy face as he watched you crack your knuckles and prepare to leave.

"I think your match will be more interesting than the others." Todoroki seemed to have appeared out of nowhere on your left side, his single cyan eye staring to unravel your secrets. It was uncomfortable but you stayed true to your role regardless.

"Todoroki...when will you be going?" You asked him politely with a soft smile and attempted to ignore his wishful prying.

"Last. I'll be against Iida." He paused for a moment before continuing.

"So (y/n), how are you going to use your quirk?" You smiled wearily.

"I don't know. I'll have to see how Tokoyami uses his." His eyes narrowed in speculation.

"You don't know? And yet you don't seem concerned at all."

"I'm not sure yet is all," you pushed back from his prying, starting to get annoyed with the tone Todoroki was pulling with you. Bakugo had tensed up by your side as if he knew what you were feeling.