Chapter Ten: The use of Time, and the unforgettable Truth

Comenzar desde el principio

*****

I went to my day shift as if I didn't head Diana basically begging to Samuel to come to a dinner, and practically acting like a crazy ex-girlfriend. She walked around the restaurant as if life was good, as if she were an angel without a deranged side that seeks attention from a guy that doesn't care about anyone about himself. A guy I recently fucked four times last night; on the bed, the couch, on the wall, on his desk, windows, in positions that even I haven't experienced, hard, fast, slow, steady. I do have to say, Samuel was good at pleasing woman, I can give him that.

I did my duty as a waitress, and keep things steady. I didn't want to avoid Diana, nor did I want her to see me. It's the fact of my lack of care in her finding out about Samuel and I because it was only one night, she admitted herself that they weren't in a relationship, and I'm going to quit soon. However, I'm rethinking about that.

The escort job won't bring me much money like I wanted if I'm only ending the night in hand jobs, I would have to do more, dig deeper, and maybe even make regretful decisions in having sex with those men to at least earn a thousand dollars a night. I wanted money to pay for community college, at least, to get an associates degree in psychology and maybe work as a secretary for a therapist or prison counselor; it's going to be the closest thing I can get when it comes to my goals.

I was on my last table before break when Diana approached me, it was weird seeing her smile now; all I see is crazy. "Hey," I managed to say without sounding panic-y as if she found out already.

"Hey, how's your sister?"

Oh, the partial lie I told her yesterday, how can I forget? "She's fine, she gets really stressed out over work and school, having boy troubles. It just sets off the panic attack, but she's fine now and I'm here to do my full shift."

"Good. Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"When Samuel approaches you yesterday, what did he say to you?"

As a first instinct, I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, it was weird. He started to talk about life, getting deep into his troubles. I tried to block it out. Why?"

"Oh nothing, he can be a flirt sometimes and I don't want him harassing my employees."

Woman, if you only knew how many times he bugged me after our naughty see last night. In fact, it's best for you not to know because you may stalk me. "Oh," I said instead with a bright smile. "Don't worry, he's not my type." Cocky, arrogant, don't care about shit, and very blunt- obviously inconsiderate of anyone's emotions.

"Oh okay, just tell me if he bothers you again."

"Will do."

Diana nod her head in approval before walking off to warm the other girl to not mess with her 'man', even though she's a ball of loose screws. I sighed heavily before clearing my table and putting all the dirty dishes in the kitchen. When walking out, I untied my apron to indicate I'm going for lunch, which I need because that protein shake can only take me so far.

I walked towards the stairwell, but before I could turn the corner, I spotted Gerald walking passed with his gym bag and basketball under his arm. I wanted to stop myself from saying hi, to fake like he's a stranger; but I couldn't. "Gerald." I voice while catching up to him as he slowed down. "Hey."

"Oh, hey." He didn't sound so pleased to see me, in fact, he wasn't expecting to see me either.

"How are you?"