Chapter 6

After the meal which I watched her eat althrough with elegance not weird at all she went upstairs and I knew she was still unsettled and scared so I decided to set up a movie for both of us. After connecting my TV to the server--which  launched when I was in the 4th stage in the system not bragging but I was the second smartest-- and it connected immediately.

I climbed up the stairs rehearsing my lines and possible reactions from her.

"Hey you wanna watch a movie downstairs?"
Then she'll probably be like
"With you? No..." or

"I was wondering if you want to watch a movie,it's new, 'death in the summer', it just came out. Are you interested?"
"With you?, I'd rather die".

Before I could try out another scenario I was at the door. I decided then and there to wing it...

"Hey"

I said as I peeped into the room and saw her folding some things into a neat pile. She turned to me and said

"What now?"

"I was just wondering if you'll watch a movie with me".

"And why would I want to that" she said raising an eyebrow

"I just thought it would calm you down from the day you've had"

"And what or who caused the day to be stressful?"

She glares at me . I think she wants me to answer but as I open my mouth to say something she interrupts

"Exactly..." she said proving her point but I am not going down that easy.
So I decided to use a new technique.

"The movie is 'death in the summer', everyone wants to watch it " I say curtly as I prayed for a good response in my heart.

I watched as her eyes widened in realisation to what I just said but almost as soon as they did they narrowed back into slits... that just assured me that I had cracked the ice.

"S-so what if the movie just came out"

I saw it on her face that she was just trying to be stubborn and she actually wanted to watch the movie but did not want to admit it so I decided to help

"So you're coming down then" I said knowingly and confidently

"N-no" she stuttered

"Do you like your popcorn with salt or sugar" I asked mentally taking notes

"What are you doing" she asked eyebrows raised

"So that's a 'surprise me'. How about a chocolate, vanilla or strawberry milkshake".

"Stop it" she yelled

"You know what? I'll just surprise you... so, I'll be waiting for you downstairs when you're ready well start". I said taking one last look at her dumbfounded expression on her face before I mentally gave myself a pat on the back and went down stairs.

***     ***    ***    ***   ***   ***

I had prepared everything her things were on the right side and my things on the left. I decided that everyone prepares sugar to salt any day so I popped her corn with salt...fine I'm just kidding. I had popped her two bowls of popcorn, one with salt and the other with sugar. I also couldn't decide between chocolate, vanilla and strawberry so I got her all three of them didn't want to take chances.

I sat down at my side of the couch , lights already dimmed, waiting,hoping and praying she comes down. I kept on checking the time. Two minutes passed by slowly adding to the already gone 5 minutes and you might say I'm not patient but I was about to loose hope and just start the movie.

Then I heard light footsteps and looked towards the stairs . I almost couldn't believe she came but I didn't let it show on my face that I was surprised,instead I forced on an 'I knew you'd come' look and prayed it would be believable.

She walked slowly to the couch and sat exactly where u had set everything up then picked up the chocolate milkshake and sucked on the straw staring at the screen while I watched her. Then she looked at me and back at  the screen.

It was at that point I realised I hadn't played the movie so I fumbled stupidly with the remote and pressed the on button then immediately after the play button. Halfway into the movie she was already asleep and snoring a little which was kind of cute her hair that was packed into a ponytail was now very rough. I gave myself a mental high five as I paused the movie and picked her up to place her in her room on her bed... I still came back to the living room though,I had to finish the movie-- what? It just came out, so don't judge me...

______________________________

Sorry that this chapter is not as long as the others but I just wanted to thank roxie_oj the writer of high school theory for the wonderful cover.

I also want to thank all those who voted for the book and those who are reading it too.

Don't forget to comment I enjoy reading comments. Thanks😄😊