10

it's been almost two weeks since peter first got the fever. because of his illness, he had to miss even more school.

"that's it! pete is going to the doctor." tony declared from a stool in the kitchen.

"you sure about that? you know that he is spiderman, so the doctor would probably find out." clint asked.

"there's one doctor who knows that he spiderman. it's fine." clint shrugged and went over to sit on a couch, to watch a dumb tv show with nat.

"friday, get peter down here. tell him to get dressed." since peter was been living there, they have been going on numerous shopping trips, leaving peter with loads of clothes.

peter came downstairs, looking tired and probably hasn't showered in a few days.

"what's up?" he asked.

"we're going to the doctor." tony replied.

"okay. cool let's go." peter already started walking to the garage, leaving tony, nat and clint exchanging confused looks.

__________

"hello, here for peter parker-stark." tony told the receptionist at the doctor.

"yes, sign here," the lady held out a clipboard and tony sighed on the appropriate spots. the receptionist waved and peter and tony walked over to the waiting area. there was a few toddlers playing with some toys, but mostly older people. peter fit himself in the entire, small chair while playing some game on his phone.

"peter?" a doctor came out from a hallway. tony and peter got up and followed him into a room.

"nice seeing you tony." the doctor shook his hand.

"thank you so much for doing this stephen." stephen nodded.

' dr.strange? holy shit he's my doctor?' peter thought.

"alright peter, no need to worry, i know you're spidey." peter nodded as stephen washed his hands.

"okay, what's going on?" he sat on the little, round swivel chair.

"well, he's had fever symptoms for about two weeks. nothing bad, i guess. i'm just worried about him."

"alright well, persistent fever can signal a hidden infection, which could be anything from a urinary tract infection to tuberculosis. i'll do some blood tests on him, to see what exactly is going on. you'll get a call back in a few weeks." tony nodded and they left the doctors office.

"is something wrong with me?" peter randomly said.

"wh- no? why?"

"i don't know. i read somewhere that persistent fevers can have cancerous conditions." he rested his head on the window.

"hey pete, wether you have cancer or just a cold, i will put in all my money and time and help to keep you safe. you do not have to worry about that." peter just nodded. they drove home in silence. once they got home, peter went straight to his room.

"what's wrong?" nat asked.

"i don't know. the doctor will do blood tests cause he might have something like tuberculosis." tony didn't wait for a reply and went straight to his room. he hasn't slept in days, due to worrying about peter. he threw himself on the bed and fell asleep in seconds.