2

"Bruce!" Tony shouted as he ran into Bruce Banners lab. He lightly set Peter down on the medical bed and told him everything he knew. Bruce nodded and ran off to hook Peter up to an IV.

"Friday, do a scan for concussions." The scientist told the ai.

"It appears he has a mild concussion." Friday replied after a minute.

"Okay, he's going to recover. His injuries aren't that bad, just let him rest." Tony sighed in relief. He pulled up a chair and sat next to the bed where Peters limp body lay. He stayed there for about four hours. Bruce stopped in a few times bringing him a glass of water or a book to read. Sure, he read the book, but he was more focused on Peter. The other Avengers occasionally came into the lab to check on tony or tell him to get rest. After a while, he finally gave in and moved over to a sofa in the lab. He sprawled him across the cushions and faced Peter. He just laid there for a few minutes until his eyelids began to feel heavy. He moved around a little bit and within moments, he was passed out.

________________________________

"Wow, he actually listened to us." Tony heard a voice say. He was too tired to open his eyes, so he laid there awake, but looked asleep. He listened in on their conversations and figured out Natasha, Wanda, Clint and Bruce were all together talking. He knew he couldn't stay like this forever, so he pretended to stir and wake up. He groaned and sat up with a pain in his back.

"Morning sleepy." Clint joked.

"Yeah, yeah," Tony stretched, "how is Peter?" He turned to where Peter was laying, only to find the bed empty. Panic and fear filled him.

"Bruce? Where is he?" His heart rate inclined and got an immediate wave of dizziness when he stood up.

"Tony, Tony, calm down. He's in his room," Confusion filled tony, "You ended up sleeping for almost fifteen hours. Peter woke up before you and we just let you sleep. Don't worry, he's safe. You can go see him." Bruce explained. Tony nodded as he ran out of the lab. He went into the elevator and told the ai system to take him to floor 36, the floor with Tonys, Peters, and Bruce's room was. The machinery whirred as it rose up. The doors slid open and tony ran over to peter room.

"Pete?" he knocked softly.

"Hm?" A mumble replied from the room. Tony opened the door to see Peter sitting on his bed, typing something on his phone.

"I was so worried about you, kid." Tony sat next to him on the edge of the bed.

"So was I," peter set his phone down, "I've never seen you sleep that long." He chuckled.

"Are you okay?"

"Oh of course! My head hurts a little bit, but that's really it." Peter grinned.

"Well, it was more than a headache last night. May I ask, what were you doing last night? Like how on earth did you slam into the wall? Was something distracting you? And also, why didn't you have your suit on?" Tony questioned.

Peter sighed, "it was something at home with May, I just got distracted thinking about it."

"What happened? did May find out you were Spiderman?" Tony leaned over to try to see peters face, which was now looking down.

"I don't really know what happened, to be honest. There was a fire and May is hurt."

"I'm really sorry, bud. I'm glad you made it out okay, but did anything else happen that day?" Tony could tell something was up. Peter looked over at the duffle bag. Tony got the hint.

"Oh pete, what did may tell you? What happened?"tony pulled him in for a side hug.

"She said that I'm-I'm useless and a waste of money a-and I'm the reason why Uncle Ben died." Small tears began to fall down his cheek. he buried his face into the mentors chest.

"And then t-there was the fire and M-May was taken out all covered in burns and she l-looked dead. I-I mean I don't know what happened to her, but I think she was j-just drunk." he breathed with a shakey voice.

"Oh Peter, shhh, it's alright." Tony tried to comfort him. He never imagined May drunk, or kicking Peter out. She's always been this kind hearted women or cared so much about Peter.

"No it's not! You don't understand what just happened!" Peter jumped out of Tonys arms.

"Peter, I do. I understand what you are going through. I had a rough childhood, I know what you're going through." Peter wiped his eyes and nodded.

"Do you think May meant what she said?" Peters small voice asked.

"I don't know, I sure hope not. Right now, she's in the hospital and all this happened less than a day ago. We can talk to her when's she's better." The teen nodded once more and Tony hugged him tightly. "I'm going to get some coffee and something to eat, you can come if you want." He broke the hug and got up to leave. Right as he was going to open the door, a quiet, shakey voice spoke.

"Can you stay, mr. stark?" Tony turned around to the boy sitting on the edge on the bed, looking down. He hated that he felt warm yet broken inside.

"Sure kid, what do you want to do." He made his way back over to the bed. A small grin crept up on Peters face. He went over to his bag and dug around in it to find the right thing he was looking for. The movie 'The Last Jedi'. He showed his mentor and he gave a shrug and a smile. Peter took the dvd out of the case and placed the disc into the dvd player. He grabbed the remote and went back to the bed. Instead of sitting on the edge like before , he went to the other side and leaned his back against the headboard. Tony chuckled and moved over next to him.

"Fri, dim the lights." The lights dimmed down and the main theme started. Peters legs were underneath the blanket, but tonys weren't. He thought it would be weird even though he knew peter wouldn't mind.

By the time the movie made its halfway mark, Peters head was laying on Tonys shoulder. Tony stopped paying attention to the movie and more on Peter. More on his slow breathing. On how peaceful and content he looked. Even though he just took a 15 hour nap, Tony was getting tired himself. He looked over at the digital clock to see the time 11:38am.

"Friday, stop the movie and turn the tv off." The room went dark and quiet. Tony then carefully moved peter to lay him down on the pillow. He stirred and curled himself into a ball. Tony lifted up the blankets and put his himself underneath. He laid his head down and quickly fell asleep.

a/n this chapter is a lot longer than the first (about twice the length) i hope that's good... also please comment ur opinions and share the story! i hope you're enjoying it