4

the second tony slammed the door and happy sped off, peter leaned himself against his mentor and almost fell asleep. tony had no idea what got to him, cause the ride was about two/three minutes.

"hey happy," tony whispered, "let's drive around the city for a little bit, let the kid rest." happy nodded and changed lanes to turn. tony looked down at the kid, laying his head on his shoulder. he grabbed a coat from the front seat and draped it over peters body. he stirred and moved his arm across tony, latching onto his waist. (dont fucking think about it, it's not damn starker)

happy drove around new york, taking a few turns and stopping every so often for the next thirty minutes. by the time they arrived back at the tower, tony was half asleep and peter was in a deeper sleep.

"boss?" tony slightly jumped awake. happy pursed his lips and opened the door for him. tony waved in dismissal, letting happy go up to his room.

"pete? time to wake up bud." peter groaned and plopped his face into tonys chest.

"don't wanna. m' comfy here." he mumbled.

"we're in the car. you sure?" tony laughed as he rubbed the kids back.

"mhm."

"fine, i'll get bucky to come pick you up, cause i'm not that strong." tony began to unbuckle himself and get up, but peter stopped him.

"you're comfortable." (bitch no this ain't starker)

"kid, you're in the back of a car and it's like 6 pm. let's get up."

after a few grumbles, peter finally made his way out of the car and into the elevator. tony pressed the button that had a house symbol on it and the machinery whirred. peter was sitting on the floor, half asleep. once it stopped, tony had to drag him out of the elevator by his arms.

"jesus, why are you so tired?" tony complained.

"i may,, have drank some cough syrup in the bathroom." peter slurred.

"where did you find cough syrup?" tony stops pulling him.

"i found it on the group. it looked like juice." tony placed his fingers on the bridge of his nose and just sighed.

"bucky! steve! i need some help over here!" soon after, bucky and steve ran out of their rooms to see the situation.

"what's wrong? why were you gone for so long?" steve asks.

"he fell asleep in the car, we went for a ride. now he's telling me he drank random cough syrup in the bathroom cause it looked like juice." tony rubbed his face with his hands and sighed once again.

"it did look like juice! i wanted juice!" peter defends.

"you could have just asked for me damn juice at the ice cream shop!" tony yells.

"tony, just go sit down. we'll take care of this." steve assured him. tony went over to the couch, still keeping his eye on peter.

"alright kid, let's get you to bed." bucky told peter as him and steve helped him up. peter was in the middle of the two tall men as they help hold him up. they walking into the elevator and the doors glided close.

"you know, i don't think they have juice at ice cream shops." clint randomly says, scaring the shits out of tony.

"fucking hell, barton." tony said panting, with a hand over his chest, "and of course they do."

"no, i remember looking on the menu and i did not see juice." tony just rolled his eyes and leaned back against the couch.

"what's wrong?" natasha walks into the kitchen with dirty dishes in her hand.

"i dunno, everything is going so fast. first i found peter practically dead, and then he breaks down after being told horrible things by his aunt and now he apparently he drank some mysterious bottle of cough syrup in the bathroom at ice cream." nat set her plates down and started rubbing tonys shoulders.

"i'm sure he'll figure everything out soon."

"any word on his aunt? has she called or texted?" clint interjects the conversation.

"uh, no." tony sighed.

"i mean, if you adopt that kid, none of us will be surprised." he jokes.

"i know, i know." tony scoffs with laughter, "i'm going to head to bed. watch a movie or something." natasha nods and tony head to the elevator. he presses the button with the number 36 on it and he goes up. once it stops, he heads out and into his room.

"friday, dim the lights, 40%." the lights dim and tony takes his shirt off. he unclothes himself more and just puts on a pair of sweatpants over his boxers. he hops onto his bed and turns the TV on, flipping through all the dumb shows and movies until he hears a knock on his door.

"hey, uh, sam ended up making some hot chocolate, and i brought up a glass." wanda maximoff was standing in the door way with a white mug in her hand.

"you can just put it over there." tony pointed to the bedstand and wanda floated the mug over to it.

"we are also watching some movies, incase you wanted to join." she smiled warmly.

"i'll be down there in a few minutes." she nodded and closed the door, leaving tony alone in his room. he got up and flipped the light switch on, causing the brightness to be up to 100%. he threw on a t-shirt and left the room with the mug.
____________
"look who finally joined us!" scott cheered as tony exited the elevator. everyone was in sweatpants, hoodies and slippers. there was blankets and pillows scattered all over the floor and furniture. sam and bucky were next to each other sharing a blanket (winterfalcon <3), wanda, clint, scott,rhodey and vision were all next to each other on the floor, leaning their backs against the couch. natasha, hope and okoye chose a small sofa. thor had an entire chair to himself. tony decided to sit next to bruce and steve, who were on opposite sides of bucky and sam. wanda used her powers to insert the disc and the TV illuminated. christmas music started to begin to play when the title scene for the movie "The Santa Clause" appears on the TV.

"you guys know it's literally november." bucky complained.

"okay, well november means christmas time. have you ever been to a retail store during november?" scott asked. bucky just rolled his eyes as his head rested on sam.

clint grabbed the dvd remote and pressed 'OK', starting the movie. the lights automatically dimmed and everyone was watching the movie. after that one ended, they put in another movie. it ended up being another christmas classic, which gave them another sigh and eye roll from bucky. by the time the second movie was halfway finished, a lot of the group had fallen asleep or on the brink of passing out. tonys head was laying on bruce's shoulder, but he didn't mind.

"mr. stark?" a small voice said behind the couch, making a few other jump.

"huh? oh, hey kid. what's up?" tony turned around to see peter with a worried face.

"i-uh well i-i um." peter stammered.

"c'mon kid, spit it out!" sam yelled, and receiving himself many glares.

"i was just- just scared being alone all the way up on the tower. i just wanted to be with you guys."

"here, come sit next to me." tony patted the spot on the couch next to him and peter climbed over the back of the couch. he leaned up against tony while his mentor wrapped a blanket around them both.

the most was all the way finished and everyone in the group was sleeping, or way to lazy to get up and take the dvd out of the player. the only ones awake were bruce and tony, who were whispering to each other about something in the labs.

"can you two be quiet." peter mumbled as he layer himself against tonys side.

"yeah, sorry kid." tony nodded at bruce and covered him and peter up more with the blanket. instead of leaning on bruce, he moved to be closer to peter. the house was quiet and peaceful. there was some traffic you could hear from a distance but that's it. everyone was happily sleeping all together.

i hope the last sentence doesn't sound weird.... oops