3

"tony!" natasha shouted from the kitchen.

"what do you think he's doing?" bucky asked sitting on a stool next to the island.

"when he woke up before he went to go see the kid, that was three hours ago." wanda said.

"they probably put in a movie and ended up falling asleep." steve rogers, tony starks best friend told the group. everyone shrugged.

"hey, but i thought the man of iron does sleep." sam wilson said while taking a bite into an apple.

"why does the kid even have a room? he doesn't live here." scott lang, the ant man asked.

"he comes here a lot, and stays here for weekends." wanda answered.

"i'll go check on him, be right back." natasha sighed as she made her way to the elevator.

"friday, floor 36."

"yes ma'am." the ai responded as the elevator went up. once it stopped she walked out and looked in tonys room first. no sign of tony or peter. the next room was bruce's. although the chances of them being in there were slim, she looked anyways. the last room was peters. when she got to the door, she softly knocked and opened it up. she found the two of them sleeping on the bed, tony holding peter close in his arms. (not a starker ship okay) she stood there and smiled. okay thats enough.

"tony, wake up!" she slightly shouted, causing both of them to jump.

"jesus christ, what was that for?" tony groaned. peter just rolled over and hid his head in the pillow.

"can't let the good moments last too long." she smirked. tony just rolled his eyes and sat up. natasha sat in peters desk chair next to the bed.

"what were you two doing?" she asked.

"we were watching a movie, the kid fell asleep, then i fell asleep." he rubbed his eye.

"hm, well its nearly four, don't you have some date with pepper in an hour?"

"oh shit, the date." tony thought. him and pepper weren't really seeing each other as much. pepper busy with work, tony busy with... work. they fought most of the time they were together and tony believed it was best for them to separate. obviously, he didn't have the guts to tell her that.

"uh, friday, tell pepper i'm canceling the date." tony said.

"yes sir, message sent." friday responded. natasha just sat there in confusion.

"you really love that kid, don't you."

"yeah, it's more. can we talk outside." tony leaned over to see peter in the same spot. he thought he was asleep, but didn't want to make any risks. natasha nodded and they stepped out of the room.

"what's wrong?" the spy asked.

"it's about pepper. let me make this simple for you, i uh, i don't love her anymore. but i don't know what to do. i cant just tell her, and if i text or email her, she'll come over and i would  need to explain myself, which would be terrible."

"do you want me to tell her?" natasha asked while hugging him. tony nodded and rested his head on her shoulder. they broke the hug and both sighed.

"we're going to go out for some food, if you want to come. we're leaving in 20 minuets. the kid can come as well." tony nodded and natasha left to go back to the kitchen.

he went into the room and looked at peter, sleeping peacefully on the bed.

"pete, time to get up." he said in a soft voice. peter stirred and mumbled a few things.