5

it was eight in the morning when half of the team was awake. sam, bucky, scott, wanda, thor, and peter were all still sleeping in the same spots they were before. natasha and steve were up making breakfast for the team, tony and bruce were off in the lab, clint was showering and vision was sitting on the stool by the island.

"wake up!" natasha yelled to the sleeping ones. everyone jumped awake and groaned.

"what the hell nat?" bucky whined.

"you're an ass." wanda shoved her face into the pillow.

"my head is ringing. you did not have to do that right above me." peter complained, covering his head with his hands.

"well, i got breakfast." natasha shortly laughed and went back to the kitchen to help steve set the table.

"what day and time is it?" scott asked.

"uh, wednesday and it's like 8:15am." sam replied.

"shit, shit, shit. it's my day with cassie." scott rushed into the elevator, almost falling.

"wait... its wednesday?" peter sat up.

"yeah? do you also need to see your daughter?" sam joked, only to receive a slap from bucky. peter quickly got up and also rushed to the elevator.

"fri, take me to wherever mr. stark is." he commanded once the doors shut.

"mr. stark is in his lab with dr. banner. would you like to go there?" the ai system asked.

"yes please!" the elevator began to move up. once it stopped, peter ran out, looking for tony.

"mr. stark? mr. stark?" he called.

"what? what?" tony dropped what he was doing and rushed over from where the yelling was coming from.

"i need to go to school. i missed a day and i'm already like three hours late, they'll think i'm dead or something." the fact that peter was worrying about missing school was confusing tony a little bit. peter has usually always been the person who hates school and would do anything to get out of it.

"hey, hey, hey. shh, calm down. i called school. it's alright." peter sighed and hugged tony tightly.

"what's going on?" tony whispered.

"what?" peter asked after he broke the hug.

"i'm worried. you're acting so different and scared, i just want to know what's going on."

"i don't know. after may said those things to me, i guess this like emptiness grew inside me. i'm scared she'll come back, or the police will take me back to live with her or in an orphanage." peter said quietly and hesitantly.

"no ones going to take you back to mays or some orphanage. i won't let that happen." tony assured him.

"what? how?"

"i don't know, but don't worry, i'll keep you safe wherever you end up. whether it's here, or wherever." tony didn't really know what he was saying. he just wanted to snake sure peter felt safe.

"okay, thank you." peter nodded and hugged him once more.

"peter? are you okay? where are you?" bucky asked as he exited the elevator. he didn't need an answer once he say peter and tony in each others arms.

"what's wrong?" bucky whispered. tony waved a hand in dismissal and bucky just went back downstairs.

"do you want to go get food? nat makes awesome pancakes, and steve's eggs are perfect." peter softly laughed and nodded.