Chapter Eight: Difference between Daises and Lotus Flowers

Start from the beginning

Olivia looked at me as if I were crazy, "Where do you know him from?"

I sighed heavily and slowly rolled my eyes at the reminder that I can't escape this dude. "Both sets of jobs. He's a lawyer, I'm sure what he's saying is true. You'll be okay, Olive, John won't hurt you anymore."

*****

How can I describe Samuel Jones? Well, for one he can be a douche and asshole, he was a lot of money to his name, a womanizer, and loves strip clubs. What I don't get about this man is the fact he helped Olivia and I twice already with no benefit to his name but a good record to his redemption. What's his play? His game? Why is he doing this?

"Why are you staring at me?" He blurted out over the low rock music that played in the background. His fingers drummed on the steering wheel, this time he wasn't driving like a maniac through this traffic. Being in the car, alone with Samuel wasn't bad; we both kept to ourselves and enjoyed the view of the sun setting right before our eyes at a red light, listened to his old 80's rock music he loves so much, and I even enjoyed breathing the same air as him. Was it gratitude that made me relax and form into a gentle human being around him? Maybe so. The bigger question is if it's going to last long.

"I don't know, it's weird."

"What's weird?"

"For the past three days we've been around each other, we tried to tear each other throats off, now I just want to say thank you and buy you dinner. As gratitude, not anything more." I justified before looking back out my side of the window, we were coming close to crossing that street bridge to Brooklyn- close to Ronny's apartment.

"I can take free food."

"You know, you're not like any lawyers I've met in the past. You act as if- I don't know, you flash your money but when it comes down to food and scenery, you're not picky. Like when you are my sandwich, you ate it as if it were steak or something."

"Maybe I was just hungry."

"Maybe." I mumbled while counting how many windows the building had and where they connect and re-connect. "Is this all for good deed?"

"Yes, it is. Don't flatter yourself, okay. I'm just helping a poor girl out, like you."

"But she's my friend, not a girl you use to feel better about yourself."

"How about we go get something to eat, your choice- like you said I'm not picky with my food."

"It's this Caribbean place that's delicious."

"Great, we'll go there."

So we went, when entering Brooklyn I told him the directions of the small restaurant Ronny and I would go to every time we meet up, it's a family owned business three blocks away from Ronny's house, and two blocks away from that jazz club he took me to on the first night I slept over. It was weird sitting across from Samuel, willingly. No inappropriate jokes, no jabs at each other lives, we forgotten all about our status and jobs, and just ate and chat like regular people that just met.

"So you're the youngest, of four boys. How was that growing up?" I questioned after stuffing my mouth with ox tail and rice.

Samuel took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, "Annoying, for one. So during the time, WWE was very properly, so they would use me as a test dummy to do moves and stuff. I didn't have a say in anything until I got old enough to pay taxes, but other than that it was fine. You're the only child?"

"What gave me away?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "You look like the type, I guess."

I chuckled to myself and nod my head in confirmation, "Yes, I'm the only child. It's fantastic, I can't imagine living with three brothers and sharing everything. I actually never wanted siblings."